This kid is my great-nephew

Started by sdlehr, December 12, 2015, 02:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdlehr

Sam Adams, 6-yr old Striper fisherman, has become a bit of a celebrity at the NJ shore. He's my nephew's kid. He and the fish were almost exactly the same weight and height. The story is a few weeks old now, he's been all over the news.
http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2015/11/11/6-year-old-angler-catches-striped-bass-big/
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Alto Mare

Congratulations to Sam, he did a great job handling that fish.
You must be proud...good stuff!
I'm sure this one will make photo of the month when the boss gets back

Good job Sam.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

sdlehr

He and his grandfather (my  brother-in-law) have been flying high for a month now! They just keep getting more interviews and the story gets spread further and further. Poor Sam, he may try all his life to beat this fish and never succeed. Here's the full video of the fight
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

STRIPER LOU

WOW!!!!! My kind of boy. Talk about kickin butt. Father and son will never forget that day and I'd be willing to bet its only a start for many more.
Absolutely awesome job Sam!
................Lou

conchydong

Simply amazing. That kid knows how to dig in and put some whooping on a fish. Very impressive.

Rancanfish

Good for him.  No he will never forget.

My little guy still talks about the big shark he caught by himself.  He's 21 now.

Congrats to Sam.  He's a great fisher.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Reel 224

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Dominick

I loved that video.  That kid followed instructions and got the fish in.  Good for him.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

Great Job Sam!
You are the next Jeremy Wade. ;D
Thanks for sharing Sid.
Life is Good!

humboldtdan