duel reel parts

Started by alantani, August 23, 2010, 11:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

Hey Alan, I asked earlier about parts for a duel reel and you helped by pointing to their website. No luck with over 10 emails trying to get a response. Good luck today, I called Capt Harrys in Florida who sells the reels and they have the parts in stock and can order others. Figured I let you know for the future and thank you for your help. By the way I got a package of parts for the clicker assembly for under $5.00! Thanks
Capt Ryan
Fugitive Fishing Charters

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

alohaaloha

Alan Who sells Duel Reel parts? Captain Harry's no longer sells them! I emailed Duel Reel in Italy and they don't reply! This sucks! I appreciate your or anyone else help! Aloha

alantani

possibly a language issue.  we have a few members here that speak italian.  maybe that would help. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Shark Hunter

Sal, Dominick?
Duel makes a fine reel. ;)
Life is Good!

locknut

We have an agent here in NZ if you know the part # I can see if they have what you need. Jeremy

Mark Gunning

Quote from: locknut on January 11, 2015, 06:06:02 PM
We have an agent here in NZ if you know the part # I can see if they have what you need. Jeremy
Jeremy

I think I read a post on Alantani.com re upgrading your DUEL 9/0 drag to carbontex?

Im interested to know how it went, is it a viable thing to do?

I have four 1997 80 Light single speed, are they the same as yours?

Any advice you can give me to improve my sticky drags appreciated, even if I don't do the carbontex thing.

You also mentioned a supplier in NZ for parts?

Kindest Regards
Mark
Sydney

Bryan Young

Dual reels use weaved carbon fiber drag washers, which is equivalent to Carbontex drag material. All of the Duals I've worked on had slightly different drag assemblies so it's difficult to determine why your drags are sticky. I have to read and look at your pictures on my computer for a better look, and get back to you.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D