Penn 113H 4/0 Aluminum Side Plates.

Started by Cortez_Conversions, December 24, 2015, 06:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jigmaster501

1 in black for the newer style frame.

Thanks.

BryanC

Quote from: BryanC on December 25, 2015, 05:07:04 AM
I will take one set, original, in silver.

I screwed up.  Please change that to one set, new tiburon style, silver green.

mikeysm

What is the tiburon frame number do I order if I decide to request the new style side plates.
Mike

broadway

Hey Tom,
  One red, one silver, and one green all for the new style frames with knurled bearing caps for me, please... Love the sneak peak... looks sweet!
Thanks
Dom

Maxed Out

Hello again Tom, adding 8 NEW style to my previous order on this thread, 2 silver, 2 red and 2 green and 2 black NEW style.......for 8 new family members ;D ;D

That's 8 new style and 3 old style, 2 silver, 1 red(earlier post)     All with knurled bearing cup

Edit: Adding 2 old style & 2 new style Ice Blue. If that's not possible I'll take whatever Ice Blue you have available

Thanks Tom. Looking forward to loading my boat with cortez gems. The tuna better run and hide  :D :D

...(edit).....and yes, external drag access would be OK, as long as the tolerances are close enough to keep most the water out.
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Cortez_Conversions

I've been thinking about something for a while, and a post on another thread really got me thinking.
What do you all think about going back to a side plate that has the drags accessable from the outside like the older Senatoers had?
I would have to add the collar as they are obsolete.
Discuss!
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

broadway

I cracked open two of my 113H's yesterday to find they didn't need to be opened at all... they looked perfect, but I service them annually anyway, mainly to check the drag washers.
Having access to the drags would've cut my time considerably.  I think that's a great idea, Tom!
Let me know if you need a collar to measure.
Thanks
Dom

thorhammer

After seeing the peak, I will add a silver, new style set to my green, new style, order previously indicated. Already procurred my donor in a trade for servicing Jiggy's.

John

Aiala

Quote from: Cortez_Conversions on January 05, 2016, 02:17:20 PM
What do you all think about going back to a side plate that has the drags accessible from the outside like the older Senators had?

I think it's a superb idea! All my Senators --and even my old Long Beach 68-- are outside-drag-accessible. (The felt washers under the collar are hard to come by, though.)  :P

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

steelfish

Quote from: Cortez_Conversions on January 05, 2016, 02:17:20 PM
I've been thinking about something for a while, and a post on another thread really got me thinking.
What do you all think about going back to a side plate that has the drags accessable from the outside like the older Senatoers had?
I would have to add the collar as they are obsolete.
Discuss!

whatever the rest of the guys chose is ok with me, but I have to say that I open my reels annually to check everything, drags, grease, etc.
its not that hard to open the reel once you are familiar doing it to change or check the drag washers, unless you are making drag tests like Sal.

The Baja Guy

Shark Hunter

I think the top hat with accessible drags is a great idea.
Especially if you are running an insert or Hex Drags. They will be easier to check.
I want to add a Silver set to my order.
One Red, One Silver old style. One Ice Blue, New Style with knurled caps. 3 sets total.
What's Next Tom. 9/0 plates to go with the frames? :o
Life is Good!

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: Shark Hunter on January 05, 2016, 05:40:59 PM
I think the top hat with accessible drags is a great idea.
Especially if you are running an insert or Hex Drags. They will be easier to check.
I want to add a Silver set to my order.
One Red, One Silver old style. One Black, New Style.
What's Next Tom. 9/0 plates to go with the frames? :o
Some day, but not in the near future.
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

broadway

Aiala, you're 100% correct... those felt washers are near impossible to find. I'm sure Tom will have or come up with a solution to that issue.
Daron, just the thought of 9/0 plates makes me drool.  You'd be able to build a bunch of reels with the amount of frames you picked up. ;)
I hear ya, Steelfish, I also service all of my reels annually, but it's time consuming just to check out some washers.  I have to replace my wire line 113H reel drags at least one time in the middle of the season... them stripers like to make the reels scream.
This would be a good thing and can't see a negative to having easy access.
Thanks
Dom

steelfish

Quote from: broadway on January 05, 2016, 09:19:45 PM
This would be a good thing and can't see a negative to having easy access.

100% agree on that

Alex
The Baja Guy

Aiala

Quote from: broadway on January 05, 2016, 09:19:45 PM
Aiala, you're 100% correct... those felt washers are near impossible to find. I'm sure Tom will have or come up with a solution to that issue... Dom

Dom, when the old felt washer is too thrashed to use anymore I just substitute a CF washer. Seems to work out reasonably well, but of course it'd be preferable to have the original part (or a knockoff thereof.)  :-\

~A~   
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D