Ling Cod Slayage on the Endeavor- Morro Bay 12/26 & 27 2015

Started by Big Tim, December 29, 2015, 03:43:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Tim

Quote from: theswimmer on December 30, 2015, 04:18:26 AM
Great report Tim!
I just cleaned up from a big Ling cook for my In-laws in Phoenix. We drove over with 10 lbs of fillets on the 27th.
Where did the fillets come from?
Brad via Fresno , of course!

We had 4 kids who "Don't like fish ."  looking for 3rds!
Best,
JT

JT you just got to them kids hungry and they will learn them taste buds and eat anything. Then fill them up with real eats and they're hooked. Peace out and Happy New Year!

Bt

Big Tim

Quote from: theswimmer on December 30, 2015, 04:18:26 AM
Great report Tim!
I just cleaned up from a big Ling cook for my In-laws in Phoenix. We drove over with 10 lbs of fillets on the 27th.
Where did the fillets come from?
Brad via Fresno , of course!

We had 4 kids who "Don't like fish ."  looking for 3rds!
Best,
JT

Jt...Now get them to catch them as well. The key is to get them to pay their own way  ;D

BT

Big Tim

Quote from: newport on December 30, 2015, 01:57:24 AM
Nice pictures and nice report. Do you guys have pacific cod out there or are lingcod the same thing? Happy New Years.

Different fish

Pacific Cod

Ling Cod

I couldn't tell you the exact differences between the 2 but I have fished the central coast of California since 1972 and never to my knowledge caught a Pacific Cod here. Maybe colder water areas? We have many more knowledgeable members here that could shed light.

Bt

bluefish69

Maybe John can help. Our Cod on the East Coast like 47* - 42* on the bottom to feel at home. Montauk has them now.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

newport

Thanks. Fish names can get confusing, especially when the same names describe different fiish.