50SW International

Started by TheReelShop, January 01, 2016, 02:16:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tightlines667

Quote from: gary999 on October 18, 2017, 12:38:25 AM
Thanks for posting! I have culled my trolling reels to have only II 50 wides, one being a 2 speed. I bought a used V 50 VSW then looked at the tutorial then swapped it for a II. Too old to learn new tricks...

The notched screws on the main gear are to keep them from backing out. They appear to just be dimpled with a punch. I had one back out while fishing off shore on a Penn I and the screw jammed the reel. Not a bad mod to make maybe.

Again thanks for the post!

I use loctite on those screws, because they can and do occasionally back out.

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Donnyboat

I cant believe how clean, this reel frame was where the foot screwed to the reel frame, is that a stainless steel foot, against alloy frame, also has anyone tried a grease called anti seize in this area, if so, what was the result after a couple of years, I know it works well on  exsternal tractor part, such as where you adjust the side sway on three point linkages, but that is steel against cast steel, not SS against alloy, great post thanks, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

TheReelShop

Thank you guys for the positive feedback I appreciate it!! That reel overall was in good condition. I purchased it from eBay too!. I ended up selling the reel so I cannot give feedback as too how the reel foot is now, but I feel greasing the surface and then installing the reel foot should help big time! I will see if I get another model international and see if I can do a tutorial on it.

Miles Offshore

Great job, thanks for taking the time to document and photograph it. ill be using this when i take apart my 50sw's!
Craig Miles
Virginia Beach, Va.

Dominick

Donny, I am under the impression the the "anti Cease" products out there will eat away at the anodizing.  I trust that someone will chime in with an answer.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.