As a New Year Begins -- Consider Joining the Alan Tani Reel Repair Site

Started by foakes, January 04, 2016, 12:24:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

Attention:

Guests, Newcomers, Veteran Posters, non-members, and members --

You have arrived at possibly one of the most widely used Fishing Tackle Repair & Service Boards in the world.

With a little over 2,000,000 unique hits a month --

NO ADVERTISING, or trying to sell you anything --

Just simply the best and most accurate information that is dedicated to helping you learn about your fishing reels, repair them, service them, and upgrade them.

What is truly unique about this site is just this --

A newcomer with little or no experience can come on this site -- and within perhaps 90 days of paying attention, asking questions, studying the parts of the site that are of interest to them, and finally answering questions for others -- can become close to an expert -- possessing knowledge that would have taken perhaps decades to learn before the internet.

Alan and the moderators have a few rules -- but they are simple and common-sense, involving courtesy and good manners.

Foremost among these guidelines, is the 12 year-old rule:  Keep it civil and clean.  No off color remarks, no profanity, no personal attacks or remarks that do not promote good, sharing, and education.  In another words -- do not post anything that you would not want yours or Alan's 12 year old daughter looking at.

This site is only as good as the contributors.  The more contributors offering talent, advice, questions, discussing problems, and freely sharing experience in a generous and open forum like this -- the stronger and better for all concerned.

So if you are a first time guest, or have been lurking in the shadows for years, or have just discovered this site -- come in and join us.  Sit down, enjoy, have a cup of coffee -- and just become part of the family.

You are most welcome...whether you are a very experienced tackle master, or a new person just wanting a little knowledge.

Everyone here is equal -- and treated with respect and honesty.

We all have various talents, life experiences, and levels of knowledge -- and we look forward to hearing from you.

While it is true that a newcomer can learn a great deal -- if so inclined...

It is also true that a veteran repair guy or gal can learn much from a newcomer.

I look at some of the relative newcomers to this site over the last couple of years -- and realize they know more than many repair shop reel mechanics -- who might have been in the business for a decade or more.  And their knowledge Is just added to every day.

Consider joining this site.  There is no cost -- however, the benefits can be enormous.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

reelrepair123

well said  fred    very true,  fantastic site, great helpful members.   harryk

Reel 224

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

newport

Nicely said. I really have learned a lot here, and I joined about a year or less ago. Normally it would have taken me years of experience and frustration to know what I do now. Also, I can really appreciate the 12 year old rule and the lack of advertising. The nasty attitudes and excess advertising of other fishing related forums has either steered me away from joining, or stopped participating entirely.

sdlehr

Well said, Fred. I've been visiting this site for only about 4 months and I now know about 100x what I knew when I joined. Maybe more. If you want information about reel repair or maintenance - no matter what that information may be - it's probably here somewhere.
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

Thank you.  A few simple house rules and awesome members makes this site unbelievable. 

Thanks to our Moderators.  If Alan and I had to administer and moderate the site alone, we would probably go crazy.

Happy New Year!
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

theswimmer

Well stated Fred.
A side benifit is the wealth of practical fishing knowledge and new fishing friends as well!
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn