Parenting doing it right

Started by steelfish, January 05, 2016, 05:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

well seems like my older daughter (16yo) was having a really good time fishing a lot more than daddy

first fishing trip for 2016, with a good friend and my older daugher on the north of sea of cortez
not a lot of fish and not as big as we wished but plenty of fun and good memories from this trip

father and daugher going to the Enchanted Islands of Gonzaga Bay, Baja

admiring the Island from really close while trolling

her first fish of the day, a nice sized triggerfish caught by small cut bait and 2/0 hooks

this local Bass was caught by myself using a jig

myself and a good friend trolling on a Panga

a small local small leopard grouper or cabrilla

now it was turn of my friend to get a better one

and another, this time with a superficial lure made by DUO, using a light rod

this was the fish of the day, the mighty Yellowtail, first time for her and she got it with no help from anybody

then I got a small one on the jig, it was deeply hooked on the stomach so I have to keep her

a duble hooked spotted bass for her

a nice sized yellow spotted bass

and another double for her

then the captain called it a day and we returned to port

that was one of the best ways to start the 2016

The Baja Guy

sdlehr

Looks like you had a lot of fun. What you didn't get in size you made up with variety!

Sid
SE FL
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

ChileRelleno

Great start to the New Year!
I hope my lil'girl likes to fish in another 10yrs.
Way to go Dad.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Dominick

Terrific, take the kids fishing.  It always makes them happy.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Buen hombre, That's what its all about. ;)

Thanks for sharing Alex.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

steelfish

thanks for the words guys, those were and will be good memories.

The Baja Guy

SoCalAngler

It looks like the wind stopped for you to get out. It has been blowing like crazy south of you but as you know that is normal for this time of year.

Good looking Pinto bass and Cabrilla, and throw in some firecracker yellows will make fishing with your daughter even more special. WTG

steelfish

yep, on last friday we saw a nice weather on sunday and we organized a quick trip to the Islands, next day and as of today the wind have been blowing badly, this week we will have some hard rain days for EL NINO climate on Baja and South California, US.
The Baja Guy

josa1

Yes, doing it just right!  Love the pictures, there's something about Mexico that seems to call to all of us dedicated fish chasers.

Nice catch also,  lots of good fish tacos there.

josa1

HOLEINTHEWATER

broschro

wow what a beautiful place to fish. good times with friends and family priceless. 

Newell Nut

Looks like plenty for dinner and what a beautiful place to fish.

Bryan Young

Great Parenting!  Does it get any better?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

reelrepair123

very nice, fishing area looked really picturesque with the big rocks and beautiful water, best thing was all the smiles on your daughters face as she reeled in a fish, and spending  time with her dad ,fantastic.   harryk