Makaira Spinners??

Started by gstours, August 29, 2017, 03:08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

I saw an ad now out for three sizes of Okuma Makaira spinning reels.  ;) These might be what we have been waiting for in a better mousetrap?
      Has anyone out there fondled one or fished them?   It could be a pleasant suprise?   Just wondering some opinions? ???
         All replys welcome.

redsetta

Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

boon

30000 and 20000 (same body, different spool/body/rotor) already on the market, 10000 size not too far away.

I might scrounge together some pennies for a 10000, they should be pretty sweet.

Wolli

In Ausstralia living friend mailed me pics of his brand new MK30000RS.

After mounting to his popper rod and cranking the handle the too large bail hits his fingers..... ::)

He will claim it to his local dealer.

Before the purchase exactly examine carefully!!!
love jigging    www.jupiter-sunrise-lodge.com/de/
Authorized Jigging Master Service Partner (in Germany)

boon

I've just asked my local store to get a MK20000RS in for me to play with, if I like what I see I'll drop the cash and it will be my new heavy jigging reel.

boon

Quote from: boon on November 07, 2017, 01:56:48 AM
I've just asked my local store to get a MK20000RS in for me to play with, if I like what I see I'll drop the cash and it will be my new heavy jigging reel.

I liked what I saw :)
Wallet considerably lighter, reel much heavier.

Glos

wow, now what is up with that
hitting fingers issue..
I have spreaded the news..
Luck is when good preparation meets opportunity.

Wolli

Okuma contacted. Seems they have no knowledge about the troubles.
they ask for the numer in reel foot for to check from which batch it is.
Highly interested in the outcome.

Wolli
love jigging    www.jupiter-sunrise-lodge.com/de/
Authorized Jigging Master Service Partner (in Germany)

boon

My 20k would hit my fingers if I held the rod in a very, very specific and quite awkward way. I can see how this would be an issue on certain rod builds; it just creates a deadzone of about 2" where you can't put your hand.

johndtuttle

Yea, my 20k is fine...it seems an issue with the larger rotor of the 30k as well as putting your hand totally on the fore-grip (which is reasonable considering the weight of rod+reel when fishing a 30k).

Rivverrat

With spinning reels this size this will be something to contend with. A longer forgrip will obviously help.... Jeff