Eye guide captured sunset...

Started by Fish-aholic, January 18, 2016, 06:06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fish-aholic

steelhead_killer

><)))">

gstours

Very Interesting, and sorta romantic,  but.  How did you crop or seperate the color, and make the outline bw?    We would like some ideas!    Great photo.   gst.

sdlehr

Beautiful, thanks! I just made that my desktop background!

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Fish-aholic

Thanks folks! I must fess up.

There's no special talent here, only that I've recently stumbled upon a free photo editing programme called Pixlr and downloaded it to my desktop (I am very late to the pixlr party). It is also available as an app for those with android phones. The image is a picture I took but I thought I'd see what I can do to improve it. I think the result speaks for its self.

copy and paste: pixlr.com/editor download into your search engine and all will be revealed. You can upgrade ($) the software for better tooling etc, but there's plenty on offer to keep you busy as is.

gstours - If you download the programme there is a tool to alter the image saturation. I altered this trait first, then I selected a tool called splash where it turns the whole image black and white. Then use the brush (mouse cursor) to swipe colour back into the image where you want it. If Mary is your auntie, then Bob's your...  ;D  

Quote from: sdlehr on January 18, 2016, 08:34:07 PM
Beautiful, thanks! I just made that my desktop background!

Sid

An honour!

swill88

Mattman NZ

Fish-aholic

More messing about. I am really, REALLY liking this photo editing malarkey...

My good self grasping a Bass:

Sunset whilst rock fishing:

A shot inside a Daiwa SL20SH once serviced:

coastal_dan

Nicely done!  Thanks for sharing.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

steelhead_killer

><)))">

Fish-aholic

That's the spirit, Andy. How did you find the ease of use? ;)

steelhead_killer

Well I am kinda a software geek and a camera guy so pretty easy really.  I want to steal your idea the next time I am out fishing in the evening and get some down the length of the rod.  Thanks for the inspiration!

Andy
><)))">

Fish-aholic

Would explain the professional and vibrant look of your avatar. ;)

I've been inspired many times by the great folks who frequent here, so it's good to give a little of it back.

I shall look forward to seeing your entrapped sunsets.       

Steve.

gstours

Tanks mr fishaholic, for the clue and app.  you da man.   I cant wait to play around with it.   so beware.
     Your contribution makes this forum the very best.