Winter Storm Jonas

Started by Shark Hunter, January 21, 2016, 04:46:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYIsles55

Good luck to those of us on the east coast! Looks like where I live, Long Island, will get 'lucky with 8"-12" of snow' at least compared to the 2+ feet possible around the DC area.

Stay safe everyone!

Reel 224

It started snowing around 7:00 PM  >:( There is already 1" on the ground. Looks like I don't get any sleep tonight ::) >:(.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Reel 224

Quote from: alantani on January 23, 2016, 01:33:57 AM
just stay safe!!!!!

The Idiots are on the road now ::) I don't know what people think they are missing. STAY HOME!

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Tightlines667

Quote from: NYIsles55 on January 23, 2016, 01:10:58 AM
Good luck to those of us on the east coast! Looks like where I live, Long Island, will get 'lucky with 8"-12" of snow' at least compared to the 2+ feet possible around the DC area.

Stay safe everyone!

Kinda funny how all the Federal Govt. Agencies schedule their mandatory supervisor trainings for next week.  It's the same week every year, and it seems like every year there is a snow storm on or leading up to the same week.  I call it payback week... the bosses all have to deal with traveling in adverse conditions.  Sucks to be a boss in the federal govt this weekend :)
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

swill88

Bought a FinNor lethal 100 yesterday and it's at the Nashua, NH USPS.

Probably a delay? Oh well.

Stay safe everybody.

Steve

RowdyW

Neither rain nor sleet or dark of night............. BULL

Reel 224

This morning 7:30 AM about 10" on the ground Expecting 24"

Joe

Shark Hunter

Stay inside Joe. I don't know how you guys do it.
Being in Kentucky close to the Ohio River. We avoid most winter and summer storms because of our location related the jet stream.
I only got a dusting from this Goliath. It is a bad storm.
Be safe my friend.
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

We got 13" and counting, we're expected to get 24"+.
I'm worried about the guys by the coast, wind gusts up to 65Mph, the full moon isn't helping.
Here is a shot from Nasa:

It's a monster and it means business...be safe.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Reel 224

The media hypes the weather I am 15 miles inland, it's windy yes but not what they are saying. Mansquan is not that bad as they say. The snow on the other hand is getting worse in this area..maybe will have 24" when it's all over. I'm not going out until tomorrow morning to plow. It's no emergency for me
and I don't want it that way.

Joe 

Reel 224

This is 10:00 AM snow has slacked off. Aprox. 12"

Joe

alantani

looks like a christmas card!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

bluefish69

On the Radio they are saying up to 26" in NYC. This should be fun. At least the kids are happy.
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Alto Mare

Wind gusts are actually helping, roofs and trees are clean...good thing:

Someone is enjoying the snow:
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.