I'm back from Puerto Vallarta and open for business. Had a great trip!

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, February 02, 2016, 11:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Tightlines666 on February 03, 2016, 12:17:42 AM
Nice work Randy!

30K not winds are no joke, and are uncomfortable at the least, on these larger vessels. 

Way to get it done!

Thank you John.  I know that you've seen a lot of giant ahi, but this one was my best so far and I still find myself reliving every moment.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: steelhead_killer on February 03, 2016, 12:29:22 AM
Lots of sushi!   :o

Andy, I don't know how to do sushi, but the freezer is full of some prime vacuum-packed belly meat from a few of the fatter fish.  If you give me a day's notice when you are coming down the coast, we can do an all you can eat sashimi feast.  The crew on the Apollo take great care of the fish.  They are spiked, bled and into the RSW hold within five minutes of hitting the deck (gently).

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: David Hall on February 03, 2016, 12:46:29 AM
Nicely done.  Looks like it was a great trip.

Thank you!  We had a really good time, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Apollo to anyone who is interested in fishing with a great captain and crew on a roomy, stable fishing platform, and can live without fancy food and staterooms for a few days.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: cbar45 on February 03, 2016, 12:31:54 AM
Nice catch Randy!

Love the shirt as well...;)

Chad

Thank you Chad.  That's my Tokunaga Tackle shirt.  It has been pōmaika'i for me and I always try to remember to bring it fishing.  Do you live in Hilo?

Randy

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Alto Mare on February 03, 2016, 12:42:28 AM
Nice fish Randy, I'm glad you had a great trip. How's your shoulder., from the pic looks like you're still standing straight, must not be too bad ;D.
Great job and good advice on the longer rod.

Sal

Thank you Sal.  My shoulder is fine, but my armpit still hurts like hell because I got too far back on the rod a few times and put all of my weight onto the sharp gimbal butt.  I didn't feel a thing while I was hooked up, but I sure did the next morning!

Randy

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Cortez_Conversions on February 03, 2016, 01:05:58 AM
Glad you had fun Randy!

Thanks Tom.  It was a blast. 

I ordered your two frames today and I plan to pick them up next week.  Can you wait that long?  If that's a problem, I can have them ship them to me tomorrow.

Thanks again,

Randy

swill88

cbar45

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on February 03, 2016, 04:11:53 AM
Quote from: cbar45 on February 03, 2016, 12:31:54 AM
Nice catch Randy!

Love the shirt as well...;)

Chad

Thank you Chad.  That's my Tokunaga Tackle shirt.  It has been pōmaika'i for me and I always try to remember to bring it fishing.  Do you live in Hilo?

Randy

Randy,

Hilo is my hometown where I grew up.

I knew that shirt looked familiar..:)

Have you been to their new store over on Manono St?

It's 3x the size of the old one.

Chad

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.