Andros A 16II clicker

Started by Jbare0001, January 24, 2016, 03:13:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jbare0001

Anyone else think their 16 has a real quiet clicker? My original Andros 5II clicker is nice and loud, I was surprised how quiet it is on the 16. I also opened it up and looked, there is only 1 spring on the clicker vs 2 on my 5II.

Tiddlerbasher

On my Andros 5II the clicker was very slightly asymmetric (and I mean slight). If the 16 is similar - Try reversing the clicker - On my 5 this gave the option of a quiet or louder 'click' ;)

Rivverrat

My 12 is quiet. If your 16 is like my 12 you can place another spring on clicker. So it will have 2 springs vs. just one. Made my 1211 louder. The line out alarm on my Andros 5 is very loud. It's also strong enough to hold bait in the current. With my Andros wresting in my lap with bait out & in free spool with the clicker on I have had fish pull it from my lap while seated. I'd rather my lever drags not have that much tension in the line out alarm but still be loud....Jeff

Jbare0001

Yeah I turned the clicker around on my orange 5II Andros cause it was too strong and would have lifted my rod up from too much tension.

Would I be putting the 2nd spring on the same post that's already there? I only have one post and one spring on my 16, but I can see where they drilled out the frame to place another post for a 2nd spring. Looking at the blow up diagram it shows just 1 spring.

Rivverrat

Never thought about placing the springs together. You might try it & see....Jeff