Avet SX Reel Service

Started by mmayo, January 20, 2016, 11:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmayo

Take less than ten minutes to keep your SX in mint shape.

Kites fly the highest against the wind, not with it.

marcortez

Awesome.....thank you so much
Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy.

djy93

thanks for the video.I have three of these reels and a blizzard outside perfect time to clean em up.

Jon_Kol

Out of curiosity, why is it adviced to keep the dog free of grease? Also, is there a particular reason why you use very little grease on the main gear?

Keta

Quote from: Jon_Kol on January 30, 2016, 08:51:15 AM
Out of curiosity, why is it adviced to keep the dog free of grease? Also, is there a particular reason why you use very little grease on the main gear?

I pack light grease into mine to keep out salt but if the grease is too stiff it can cause the AR dog to not engage.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

mmayo

I have found out that grease under the dog and around the dog lever can make you lose anti reverse.  This is not a defect, just a place not to put grease - use oil instead.

I have opened up many reels serviced by anglers and tackle shops to find a ton of grease everywhere. Usually the excess grease has caused the reel to fail, especially the drag. I suggest lightly greasing stuff and doing more quick services. If your idea of an ideal reel is one that is serviced once a year, you might find a benefit from such over greasing, not me.
Kites fly the highest against the wind, not with it.