Tiagra 50A drag increase

Started by tarheelkid, March 16, 2014, 08:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tarheelkid

I found a deal on a pair of 50A Tiagras, and would like to rig one or both to put on a planer rod.  Is it possible to change the orientation of the bellville washers or possibly upgrade the drag to the one found in the LRS versions?  If so what parts would I need to change out?

alantani

wow!  they are already nearly maxed out.  you should be able to get 35 pounds of drag at strike.  i just finished going through a set of three of these for a buddy of mine.  did you need more drag than that?  check to see what your reel will deliver, if you have not done so already. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

ohfishalee

Is there a major difference between 50WA and 50WLRSA when it comes to camshaft, Belleville, thrust washers etc.

Did the OP ever get an answer?

Tightlines667

Different, steeper cam, and different Belleville config.  Gives a steeper ramp and slightly higher upper end.  As I recall this has been discussed a number of times on different threads.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

ohfishalee

Can a 50WA be upgraded economically to a 50WLRSA with the introduction of the additional bellevilles and other washers (not quite sure of exact parts) 

Another poster on another forum is asking but I know the answer is on alantani.com!