Never turn your back to the sea

Started by Marcq, February 12, 2016, 12:18:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcq

I have heard this many times and took it with a grain of salt but not anymore  :(

Marc..

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

handi2

What the heck was the camera man doing!!
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Reel 224

That's crazy!! I guess the camera man was to busy taking the shot watching the people while they were drowning.... ::) ::) ??? ??? 

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Marcq

Quote from: handi2 on February 12, 2016, 12:48:35 AM

Yeah!! Seriously  ::) Fortunately they survived thanks to a rock and a good Samaritan

Marc..

foakes

Quote from: handi2 on February 12, 2016, 12:48:35 AM

Busy posting it to You Tube.

Glad they survived.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

FatTuna

The guy in the yellow should not apply to be a life guard.

David Hall

Holy mackerel I can hardly believe my eyes!

theswimmer

A gent was rescued from the surf in Nor CAL this weekend when a big sneaker surprised him.
I will try to find the link.
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

DaBigOno

I'm glad to hear they made it out, because I felt so helpless watching the video.

Thanks for the reminder that the ocean is unpredictable,

Al
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

broadway

Now that's scary stuff! How do we know they made it out of that jam?
The camera man should be shot >:(
Dom

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Marcq

Quote from: broadway on February 12, 2016, 05:11:47 AM
How do we know they made it out of that jam?

In this video, the man that rescued them was interviewed, he save the 3 people with the help of a rock that the women was able to grab to, and it took forever, at some point he had to let them go(3-4 times) not to risk is own life, the man was the first one to be out of danger. Not sure what I would have done, I swim like a rock

Marc..

reelrepair123

boy from one minute to the next 3 people almost drowned, bad news, mother nature can be unforgiven, scary stuff.   harryk

sdlehr

Very scary stuff! I choose to believe the cameraman was unable to swim and wisely disqualified himself from the rescue party. Or he was 80 years old and wisely stayed out of the water so as not to become an additional victim. My dad used to say, "discretion is the better part of valor".

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector