Hello and Hi

Started by handi2, February 10, 2016, 05:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

handi2

This is Keith in Gulf Breeze, FL stuck in my elevator waiting on the service man to show up..!!

Have a great day..!!
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

sdlehr

Hang in there, Keith! This is almost laughable, I hope you don't lose too much time in there.

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

handi2

I'm now out and thank God it wasn't summertime.

They came quickly and got the elevator going.

My elevator has a battery back up system. When the back up system goes bad it shuts down the controls.

They unplugged the back up system and plugged it into the constant 110 power. Since I have a whole house generator the UPS battery back up isn't needed at all. I told them to leave it plugged in like it is so this won't happen again.

Now back to work.
Gulf Breeze, FL

foakes

Glad it worked out, Keith.

That is a hassle.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

sdlehr

Good thing you had your phone in there! Glad you've been released!

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Alto Mare

I'm lad you're ok Keith. As long as you have your phone with you, it would never be a problem., you have many friends around you ;).

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

reelrepair123

thank god keith they were able to help you so soon, carry on my friend, it's  bad enough having issues, you don't need  problems, i know because i'm pretty much in the same boat.     harryk

Shark Hunter

You could have sent pirogue for help. ;)
Life is Good!

handi2

It has only happened 3 times in 27 years but it is humbling and a pain when you have to depend upon machinery to get you in and out of the house.

If I didn't live in such a beautiful place right on the water it wouldn't be a problem.
Gulf Breeze, FL

Shark Hunter

Small price to pay for living in Paradise. ;D
It was 11 degrees here this morning. :-\
Life is Good!

handi2

Quote from: Shark Hunter on February 11, 2016, 10:43:20 PM
Small price to pay for living in Paradise. ;D
It was 11 degrees here this morning. :-\

It was in the 60's here. When it's in the 40's that's freezing..!!
Gulf Breeze, FL