Good morning from FL

Started by linesliderryro, February 18, 2016, 11:33:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

linesliderryro

Hello everyone, Ryan here introducing myself. I stumbled upon this gem of a site after looking into upgrading my grandpas 9/0 and i must say Iv come to the right place. After seeing the upgrades on here Im very impressed. After talking to Daron he has agreed to do the full monty on it. Im not much into the do it yourself but I believe my reel will be in excellent hands. Shout out to Daron for taking this on. Thanks dude!!

josa1

Hi Ryan,

Welcome aboard, you'll enjoy this place!

josa1

Tiddlerbasher

broschro

Welcome aboard from Saint Augustine Fl

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

thorhammer

Welcome! Your 9/0 is in the best possible hands you could ask for.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

mizmo67

Welcome, Ryan. Some great folks in here :)
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

Newell Nut

Welcome from Port Orange. Daron will take good care of your reel.

DaBigOno

Aloha Ryan!

Post some pics of the reel when you get it back from the Shark Hunter
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

foakes

Welcome aboard, Ryan --

Something to remember --

A relative newcomer to servicing and repairing fishing tackle, can come onto this site cold -- and within 90 days of observing, practicing, listening, doing -- will know more and have better skills than some of the professionals who have been doing this for a decade or more.

These guys have already done the "ramp up" for you -- experimentation, real world conditions, calculations, engineering, clever tricks, and experience.  You are stepping aboard the SS AT -- at a high level of previously proven techniques -- plus, you will learn more, and develop your own skills to teach us.

If nothing more than learning about your own equipment, and becoming proficient in its operation and proper service -- that is enough.

Look forward to your posts.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

steelhead_killer

Quote from: foakes on February 18, 2016, 06:34:44 PM
Welcome aboard, Ryan --

Something to remember --

A relative newcomer to servicing and repairing fishing tackle, can come onto this site cold -- and within 90 days of observing, practicing, listening, doing -- will know more and have better skills than some of the professionals who have been doing this for a decade or more.

These guys have already done the "ramp up" for you -- experimentation, real world conditions, calculations, engineering, clever tricks, and experience.  You are stepping aboard the SS AT -- at a high level of previously proven techniques -- plus, you will learn more, and develop your own skills to teach us.

If nothing more than learning about your own equipment, and becoming proficient in its operation and proper service -- that is enough.

Look forward to your posts.

Best,

Fred

Can't say it any better!  Just have fun!
><)))">

swill88

Welcome Ryan...

to you and to your pretty blue wahoo ...

what's great here is you can DIY, or not, and all pictures and opinions are welcome.

Steve

linesliderryro

Thanks everyone. You all sound like family already. We all share the same passion and I love that. I will def post many pics when I get it and who knos maybe Daron will post pics of the project if he has time although I cannot speak for him. We will see! Once again thanks everyone.

cbar45

Hello Ryan and welcome! I'm also one of the newer members, been here for over a month, and imho no other fishing-oriented forum has the same depth of knowledge and camaraderie that this one has..Enjoy.

Chad