Green Penn 9

Started by thorhammer, February 09, 2016, 06:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorhammer

This 9 was in a recent batch of reels I acquired; it's a primary reason I bought the lot. Cleaned up nicely with the Simply Green and Neverdull, switched in a little nicer LW shroud, and is now one of my favorite pieces.

Looking for a green 209 equally as nice may take a bit.

John

foakes

Great little rare example, John --

Hope it goes in a display, and not on a rod.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

thorhammer

No sir, I have at least 20 maroon, red, and blacks one rodded up, plus a few Mag 10's (I actually use them quite a bit for striper live baiting). This one is a shelf queen, or I may wrap a matching stick for it and hang it on a wall. For me at least this one may be a one time find. 

coastal_dan

These reels are HOT on the market these past couple years...we got one for my Dad last year in primo condition...not cheap, but beautiful to look at.  The green really is downright pretty.

Nice find!
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

mizmo67

Looks in great shape! Worth it :)
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

Alto Mare

Quote from: thorhammer on February 09, 2016, 06:31:02 PM
This 9 was in a recent batch of reels I acquired; it's a primary reason I bought the lot. Cleaned up nicely with the Simply Green and Neverdull, switched in a little nicer LW shroud, and is now one of my favorite pieces.

Looking for a green 209 equally as nice may take a bit.

John
Love these reels! you did good John. I only have the red and maroon, those in my opinion are way under priced. Excellent craftsmanship on those.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

handi2

I just looked on eBay and they are expensive. Something I didn't know. I'll keep a look out now.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Aiala

I acquired and rebuilt this pretty teal Peer 209 last year, and I'd have no reservations about fishing it if I ever found myself in a situation where a level-wind would be appropriate. That hasn't happened yet, so I have another shelfie, but a very nice one!   :)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

thorhammer

Gorgeous reel, Aiala! I know I've bounced across a couple in all my years of digging around but didn't think I wanted them....now I've got to find 209.

Sal, those old Peers are indeed stout for their size, whatever color...WHO puts spare pawl in tail plate anymore??????

I have one more Peer surprise up my sleeve ;0

John