Its whats for dinner...

Started by steelhead_killer, February 21, 2016, 06:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelhead_killer

Snakehead fish steamed with Thai veggies in an outdoor restaurant in Udon Thani, Thailand.  Have to say it was delicious! 
><)))">

sdlehr

Nice! Are you there now? There are snakehead in the lakes here in south FL. I hear they taste good. I've only ever caught one.

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

steelhead_killer

No we went two June's ago.  We traveled Thailand for a month.  I tried more kinds of fish than I would have normally.  Thai's love fish!  Snakeheads are great eating!  I have to say, if I would have caught one here, it would have gone back in the water!  They are ugly and don't look like anything we would normally eat.  If you ever catch one, try it!  You wont be disappointed.  Disclaimer: my wife is Thai and knows how to cook them!  So do your research on youtube and I am sure there are great recipes there.

Andy
><)))">

Reel 224

Andy I take it's not your wife in your avatar.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

anglingarchitect

I always wondered about that avatar too Joe?

mark

steelhead_killer

That is my youngest of three daughters!  She is my fishing buddy! 

This is my wife and pal:

><)))">

Alto Mare

You have a beautiful family Andy, you must be proud. That mutt isn't bad either ;D

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Reel 224

Andy; Your wife looks like a Eskimo in that hood ;D Just kidding! She a beautiful young lady and that is a beautiful family. Buy the way I can see were they got there looks from. Mom! ;D

Joe   
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

sdlehr

Quote from: steelhead_killer on February 21, 2016, 07:58:09 PM
Snakeheads are great eating!  I have to say, if I would have caught one here, it would have gone back in the water! 
Andy
The standard etiquette for disposing of snakeheads is NOT to return them to the water. They are an invasive species. That being said, the horse has left the barn and I have no doubt they're in these waters for the rest of eternity. I have to say I'm relieved that picture is of you and your daughter. I was wondering if I should be jealous or not. After seeing the picture of your wife I'm still wondering. Beautiful family!

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

steelhead_killer

Thank you!

I am very proud of my kids.  Two out of college and in a careers, one in her last year of college.  All sharp with good heads on their shoulders!  Dog is Blaze.  Half Corgi, Half short legged Jack Russell terrier.  Great dog!  He is 12 this year.  Squirrel crazy.  Wife is a wonderful women with a heart of gold.  Loves fish and fishing!

Andy
><)))">