Me as a young angler

Started by steelhead_killer, March 05, 2016, 02:21:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anglingarchitect

The rod had some backbone. ::) My baby brother was using a similar rig (stick with string) in the salt water riding my dads hip in 4' of water and caught a 20 " shark trolling as my dad walked.

Tightlines667

Catching Crappies at age 5 on Lake Minnetonaka.  My dad put us on the fish.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

gstours

Thanks for sharing the memorys, and pictures,  unfortunately the first two pages of this post had the dreaded x from photobucket 3rd party host blank out syndrome???   Uggggggggggggggg? ???
   Butt i,m in with you folks in that if we get kids out there and take them fishing it may be very helpfull in molding their character and better them as young adults.  I also remember my early days going fishing in small streams and ponds in Washington state.  Always had a worm box.....caught hoppers in august in the fields when it was 110f and kept them in glass jars with nail holes poked in the lid,  the good ol days.
    No shoes all summer, my brothers built a box boat pram out of 2 sheets of plywood, we made paddles from boards and went to the pond 2 miles from our house,   out in the country of course......No tv, no malls, no worries, and we somehow grew up ok?????
    We also never had a camera,   sure with now a picture or two was taken,   Butt thats just how it was. ;)

Crow

About the same story, here...pictures were few, and far between....and what few there are, I've been too lazy to scan into the computer!  "Our" boat was made from two car hoods (My Dad ran a "salvage yard"), and LOTS of "Dad & Lad" roofing tar ! It felt like it weighed a TON, , so we just left it at our favorite "fishing hole" ( a slough off the Rock River) and every spring, we would have to patch all the bullet holes that accumulated over the winter....a bunch of bolts' nuts, and washers.....and some more "Dad & Lad" !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !