everyone, please consider posting a full face photo as an avatar

Started by alantani, February 13, 2011, 09:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

yes, let's get your smiling faces up on this board.  i know that staying anonymous is the trend on the internet, but i would like that to not be the standard here.  some serious talent is passing through this place.  i met a guy last night that strips down his daiwa pluton after every fishing trip.  you deserve credit and recognition for what you contribute, what you do and the help that you provide to others.  i believe that starts with a real name and a real photo.  if you need help, e-mail your photo and i can post it, but please give it a shot yourself first.  thanks! alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

codhead

Not full-face (I wouldn't wish that on anyone) but my avatar is a ceramic that a friend sculpted for my 50th birthday
The older I get, the better I was

spes

What should the dimensions and file size of an avatar be?

Thanks,

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: codhead on February 19, 2011, 03:59:06 PM
Not full-face (I wouldn't wish that on anyone) but my avatar is a ceramic that a friend sculpted for my 50th birthday
Codhead, yer mug couldn't be any worse than mine, lad. :D
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Cortez_Conversions

Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Norcal Pescador

Because the picture is automatically shrunk (is that a word?) down to thumbnail size, you should be able to use any photo.

Go to "Profile" and choose "Forum Profile Information".
Click on "I will upload my own picture" and then "Browse" to find the picture you want to use.
When you find the picture, try double-clicking on it but it shouldn't appear until you "Change Profile".
At the bottom click on "Change Profile".
You're done! Go back to the "Home" page and you should see your charming face.

Rob

Dominick

Alan:  I enjoyed Paris a lot, I considered going back this spring instead of (bite my tongue) Baja, ;) but wouldn't you know it?  Baja won out ;D.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Steve-O

I'm sharing my mug with a Silver Salmon in Southeast Alaska.....however I could crop ME out for a better picture! ::)

Steve-O

broadway

I have an idea!  Instead of posting our own head shots (fisherman ain't pretty)... post a photo of your dream girl(s)  ;D
Sorry Alan... I can't help myself ::)
Dom

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: Alto Mare on February 21, 2011, 12:23:18 AM
You're getting ready to open a can of worms Dom.

Sal, you're absolutely right.
If our wives and girlfriends see each others' pictures, we'll be in deep trouble! ;D ;D
Rob

broadway

I did say "dream girls" ... I hate to tell yas, but your wives probably have their "dream guys" in their avatars on some cooking recipe sites.  Don't ask me how I know  ;D

Aren't here any single fishermen out there, guess it's just me... thanks for being hitched everyone.  More for me!  ;)
Dom

codhead

Quote from: norcal pescador on February 21, 2011, 01:05:12 AM
Quote from: Alto Mare on February 21, 2011, 12:23:18 AM
You're getting ready to open a can of worms Dom.

Sal, you're absolutely right.
If our wives and girlfriends see each others' pictures, we'll be in deep trouble! ;D ;D

I certainly was when my (then) wife saw my girlfriend's picture
The older I get, the better I was