Lake Fork Tackle Repair closing

Started by conniek, March 02, 2016, 08:52:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

conniek

Hi Alan, well, we giving up and closing. Tommy has had open heart surgery Dec 1 and triple by pass and then each leg has been operated on for blockage and has stents. He in cardio rehab until May so we just have decided to shut down and go fishing. I just want to thank you for being such a good friend, I remember vividly when I joined your board I sent you e mail and told you I unable to comment on anything. You let me know quickly, that this is like a library, come in, sit down and shut up and read. LOL> Like scared me silly, but I did what you told me too and boy, have I ever learned. Your site is a library and full of the best knowledge in the world. We gave your site to clients who came here to class if they wanted to know something, ask Alan. Thank you for the many years of internet friendship and the most important thing we shared is the love for messing with fishing reels and figuring out things on them. I have always loved my little business and worked hard and success made out shop pretty well known world wide for quality. Thanks again for being so kind to me. If you ever get to Lake Fork, give us a holler and we will meet up with you. Hugs to you and good folks on here. conniek
We offer training to those lucky folks who want to go into this exciting biz of rod and reel repair or learn how to repair their own reels. We also have a "Fishing Reel Maintenance" video on the market today.Come learn the biz and makes lots of money. :) maybe not.
Gary Yamamato staff for over 10 y

Bryan Young

Whoa, Tommy has been through a lot. Just wish Tommy speedy and uneventful healing. Enjoy fishing. Come and visit us from time to time. We will be here.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

connie, thank you so much for your kindness. yeah, keep an eye on tom and let's get him back on his feet as soon as possible.  please do continue to check in and let us know how things are going! 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

foakes

All the best, Connie & Tom --

These next Chapters of Life are not always easy to move into.

We appreciate you both!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

conniek

thank you fine folks for the well wishes. I have always loved owning a tackle repair shop and worked hard for quality in every reel that came into the shop. You guys the best and so thoughtful and we appreciate it for sure. Remember now, anybody get this way, give us a holler and we will talk about fishing reels.  Love you all and send hugs. conniek
We offer training to those lucky folks who want to go into this exciting biz of rod and reel repair or learn how to repair their own reels. We also have a "Fishing Reel Maintenance" video on the market today.Come learn the biz and makes lots of money. :) maybe not.
Gary Yamamato staff for over 10 y

Dominick

Good Luck!  Where is Lake Fork?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

borchcl

Sorry to hear your closing shop. I have friends who fish Lake Fork, and brag about the size of the fish and the great people in that area. Hope things go better for you in the future. Good luck with your rehab.
Regards,
Charlie

Tiddlerbasher

Reel 224

Connie: I just read your post and had to respond, as a recent open heart patient myself I can tell you this, keep the faith and Tom will recover and be well. I have my moments every now and then but my wife Ruth helps me to be strong as well as you can keep Tom strong. God bless you both, be well.

Joe

P.S. This site has been a good therapist for me and like you said it's like a library here of knowledge. 
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."