A great day on the water

Started by gstours, March 11, 2016, 06:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Heres some pictures from yesterdays adventure on the saltchuck.  As I had been awau from home for a few months it was especially great to fish again. 
The day seemed promising as the morning was cloudy and thats in our favor.

One of my plans was to retest my hotrodded Jigmaster this time on some trolling for King Salmon

We were trolling around a rocky point and saw some bald eagles on the rocks watching and waiting.

It wasn,t too long before we had the first fish on .

Whenever the skunk is out of the boat everything seems better, so we went back to work.

the Jigmaster worked great, as its a great little reel, a classic for sure.
after a while I got a fish on, and it stayed hooked.

these are beautiful fish. wild , native, tasty, all good for you as well.

Later I found another pulling out my line, so I reeled it in, as shown below.

The day seemed to go fast, and ended well.  Overall it was fun, work, and we were tired,  but it was all worthwile.
  I hope you can enjoy these pictures and relive some of your adventures, or get out and do something similar,  as you only go around once. Get outdoors and enjoy yourself.   gst.

gstours

sorrry again on the mixed up pictures.  the eagles are out of place. so here they are now.    thanks.   photobucket grrrr!
,grrr?

gstours

heres another eagle shot on the point described earlier.

HOLEINTHEWATER

THANKS, ALWAYS ENJOY YOUR PICTURES.
DAVE

Alto Mare

Always a great report Gary, thanks!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Reel 224

Some beautiful pictures and nice fish.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

reelrepair123

good  morning   gary       great pictures and great fish,  the picture of the mountains with the snow caps was really picturesque, the eagles and you holding the fish were nice also, didn't see the red cooler, is that just for halibut?     take care my friend,   harryk

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

foakes

Beautiful, Gary!

Thanks for sharing.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Maxed Out

That's the good life for sure !!

Nice fish Gary, that last slab looks like a springer. Nice healthy fish and gourmet to boot !!

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Newell Nut

Fresh salmon is hard to beat on the table. Thanks for the beautiful pictures in the report. I am curious as to what rods you are using for your salmon trolling.

gstours

Thanks for the kind words, n not nagging me about my persistent photobucket issues.  and for the questions?

The jigmaster was on an Okuma 10-6 xhd Celilo rod.  Most nof my mooching trolling rods are modified to shorted nthe butt and extend the foregrip, typical of the Canadian style they have adopted.
I like the Buz Ramsy air Troll rod in 10-6 xhd and shorted it two top guides to add horsepower,  also the Fenwick 10-6 casting rod (dont remember the spec #)  also shorted two top guides,  is a good one.   These are a good place to start.
With the longer rods you get a wider spread when trolling and with 6-8 ft leaders, a little easier to lift the fish to the net!
Thanks Harry too,  the red cooler is a propriety Halibut Helper!   It works hard and must rest up!   Thanks to all,   enjoy!

Dominick

Gary I have one criticism when you take pictures. Have your subjects step to the side so the venerable cooler is in the photo.   :D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

gstours

Ya I think this cooler should not be covered with a bunch of fish! :'(  Stand to the side folks, let the people see! ::)
  Kinda like this?
;D
  Thanks for the pointer!