Fat XL Mango today

Started by Newell Nut, March 12, 2016, 10:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Normslanding

steelhead_killer

Quote from: Newell Nut on March 12, 2016, 10:07:56 PM
Got biggest mango this year so far aboard the Pastime Princess. My good buddy Larry had a good day as well and the weather was just perfect.

Nice work!
><)))">

Steve-O

They all look good! Congrats on the haul!

Mac53

Hell of a Mangosaureus Dwight!  That's one to be proud of!

anglingarchitect

Never seen one that big, nice Dewight.

Good Eats.I catch them free lining with the chum, or with 1/8~1/4 oz jig head and 20lb flouro leader. They come right to the top sometimes to feed we use spinning tackle, big fight when they head down.

Shark Hunter

Congrats Dwight.
This post is a week old and I just now saw it.
Always enjoy your pics.
Life is Good!

Newell Nut

Quote from: anglingarchitect on March 19, 2016, 08:25:30 PM
Never seen one that big, nice Dewight.

Good Eats.I catch them free lining with the chum, or with 1/8~1/4 oz jig head and 20lb flouro leader. They come right to the top sometimes to feed we use spinning tackle, big fight when they head down.

We do it similar in the summer time with chum and light leaders and a small weight or no weight above the hook.

BMITCH

Joe said exactly what I was thinking. Sounds a lot like black fishin. Which in itself...is an art form. Dwight you are "dialed in" !!! Awesome catch and awesome fish. I hope someday to give this a go. Great report👍🏻👍🏻

Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Cone

Nice Mangrove! I wish I could catch as many as you do on hook and line. I used to spear a bunch though. You haven't lived until you've had a 24 inch mangrove bite your face and try to tear a hunk out of it like a bulldog.  ;D  They are good eating, keep it up.
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Dominick

Quote from: Cone on March 20, 2016, 01:28:37 AM
Nice Mangrove! I wish I could catch as many as you do on hook and line. I used to spear a bunch though. You haven't lived until you've had a 24 inch mangrove bite your face and try to tear a hunk out of it like a bulldog.  ;D  They are good eating, keep it up.
Hmm I wondered why you only show the left side of your face.  Show us the scars.  If there are no scars it did not happen.   ::)  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

anglingarchitect

Bill Dance kisses bass, doubt he would try to kiss a mango, they bite with purpose.

Cone

Dominick, No scars, but it did happen. It left two V's on my cheek with the teeth marks oozing blood. At least it wasn't something like a King Mackeral. If he hadn't finally calmed down enough to pry his jaws open with my knife he might still be there.
    I haven't ever been purty so no harm done. My dive buddies got a good laugh out of it at least. I cleaned him and put him on the grill that afternoon. He who bites last bites best!  ;)   Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD