Sea Ford Restoration

Started by sdlehr, March 22, 2016, 03:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigggfish

It inspired me to go buy that book!!!!

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Reel 224

Sid: Very impressive work! You get a gold star in my book.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Alto Mare

Very nice job on making that reel happy again Sid, now you need to change your sign at the office : bring your pets and  damaged vintage gear ;D.
Useful tip...thanks for sharing .

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

sdlehr

Thanks for the accolades, everyone! I hope this inspires some of you to do similarly.

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

STRIPER LOU

Very nice work Sid! You're a very patient man!
..............Lou

mike1010

sdlehr

Quote from: STRIPER LOU on March 22, 2016, 12:36:51 PM
Very nice work Sid! You're a very patient man!
..............Lou
No, Lou, nothing could be farther from the truth. It killed me to work on this for 15 minutes a night and have to put it down. I kept the long-range goal in mind. I'm learning patience, I don't yet have much of it....

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

STRIPER LOU

Sid, that's probably a good way to go about it. Kind of minimizes the frustration!
..............lou

handi2

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Bryan Young

Very impressive Sid. The talent on our site is overwhelming to little ol' me.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Marcq

Yup!!
Great job   8)

Marc..

Dominick

Sid good job.  You have been elevated to Sensei by the Boso.  I'm not one for patience either.  When I start something I want to see it completed.  It would kill me to work 15 minutes and not see a result.  That's why I don't garden.  The thought of planing a seed and having to wait does not compute.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

swill88

Great work Sid...

as I was reading your post I was thinking 'veterinary dentistry'... like everybody else I think.

thanks!

steve

foakes

This may work, Sid --

If Ray and Michael say it is correct.

This is the old hourglass rubber or some sort of plastic material knob, plus the correct crank nut that mimics a flying saucer with its dome shape.

Nut is NOS, handle is used -- but straight and very decent -- nice marbling in the grip -- black with slight green and yellow swirls.

Also have the old wood ones -- if Mike and Ray think that may be correct.

Let me know what works for your project -- N/C -- just need your address PM'd to make sure -- after you choose.

This is a pretty good used Seaford head sideplate -- and I believe yours looks better.

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.