Aiala Gets Her Wish

Started by Maxed Out, March 25, 2016, 11:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Hall

This makes me see how very narrow minded I am when it comes to reel colors.  I have always matched the colors on everything, frames, spools and plates all the same color, maybe only limited by spools not being readily available in colors so they end up black, otherwise they would match the frames and plates.  Not that there's any right or wrong just that there's options I never considered, now I feel like there's a whole new level of creativity open to me that I have until now ignored.  Well not anymore I'm going to do my first theme built reel, I already got the basic plan in mind and it is all from following this thread!
Generosity, comraderie and creativity,
I thank you,

I thought I was just learning how to keep my drags greased?

Maxed Out

LOL, that's funny David. Aiala is the queen of beautiful multi colored reels and nobody builds the mixed colors like she does. I have also found a few color combos that I like. Somebody else might think differently, but nothing wrong with personalizing your custom built reel.

Aiala, congrats, you did it !!... I hope you get to use it on your trip. It might be a good idea to supply drooling towels prior to revealing it to those you're sharing the rail with.

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Aiala

David, outstanding! I can't wait to see what you build; with everything that's available to us lucky AT-ers, the possibilities are virtually endless. And BTW, your monochromatic reels definitely have a stately beauty all their own. Clearly I've gone a bit nutty with the color thing, but what the heck, I love doing it and it's fun, so why not?  :D

Ted, obviously I couldn't have built this beauty without your incredibly thoughtful and generous offer of the pink AccuFrame. It'll always have a place of honor in my collection... and with luck, I'll catch some nice fish with it, too!   ;)

~A~

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D