Newell 600 series parts?

Started by GORDASKIPPER, April 12, 2016, 01:47:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GORDASKIPPER

I keep buying reel's on Ebay if priced right for parts/spares I have 6-646 reel's and some parts from along time ago. It seems 646 where shipped without the drag lock washers I just discovered one I had new in box took it apart and it was non-existent. Where may I find some drag-lock washers for reel handle part# 3-18 and frame post's 4-FP and or parts in general...also which bearing upgrades do you recommend for Newell's?

Thanks

Bryan Young

I'm not sure what a star lock washer is. Are you referring to that very thin Belleville washer?  If so, it's not needed.

I also have 3-16 and 3-18 washers available for $3.25 each. I believe the 3-16s are 0.25 mm thick and the 3-18s are 0.5 mm thick.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

GORDASKIPPER

It is the washer that sits in front of the brass seal it has a larger square cut to sit on seal

Newell Nut

I have seen a lot of 600s without the 3-18 washer and it depends on the height of the drag stack. Sometimes there is not room for it under the star. Each case is different.