Randy Hits Another Home Run

Started by Maxed Out, January 28, 2016, 12:38:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

Ted, did you get that frame from Hawaii?  Looks like the frame that was designed for Hawaiian fishing.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Maxed Out

Quote from: Bryan Young on January 29, 2016, 06:20:51 PM
Ted, did you get that frame from Hawaii?  Looks like the frame that was designed for Hawaiian fishing.

Not sure Bryan, it was a private sale and cant recall where the seller lived. Randy told me it is just another tib frame. My wallet says otherwise  :D :D
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Tightlines667

Quote from: Max Doubt on January 29, 2016, 07:07:12 PM
Quote from: Bryan Young on January 29, 2016, 06:20:51 PM

Not sure Bryan, it was a private sale and cant recall where the seller lived. Randy told me it is just another tib frame. My wallet says otherwise  :D :D

That has to be from HI.  They like 'em extra wide out here.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

cbar45

Nice reel, and yes, those frames were recently produced by Tiburon for the Hawaiian market through Hamma Strike Customs.

Basically a 344 (Yellowfin Special) with custom logos.

They also have similar designs for 454/546, and 646-sized frames.

Chad

Maxed Out

Quote from: cbar45 on January 29, 2016, 10:11:24 PM
Nice reel, and yes, those frames were recently produced by Tiburon for the Hawaiian market through Hamma Strike Customs.

Basically a 344 (Yellowfin Special) with custom logos.

They also have similar designs for 454/546, and 646-sized frames.

Chad

That's cool info Chad, Thanks  8) 8)

sdlehr

Hadn't seen this post. Ted, you mentioned a special wrench for the scalloped nut that was too close to the gear well for a standard wrench. Wondering if you can take a pic of the wrench and post it.... I'm curious about any tool I don't have that someone else does :)

Thanks.
Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Maxed Out

Quote from: sdlehr on July 12, 2016, 01:05:17 AM
Hadn't seen this post. Ted, you mentioned a special wrench for the scalloped nut that was too close to the gear well for a standard wrench. Wondering if you can take a pic of the wrench and post it.... I'm curious about any tool I don't have that someone else does :)

Thanks.
Sid

Sid, I can't recall for sure, but I believe it was the smaller wrench that comes with a 109, #9 etc, and I was only able to get the wrench on the top half of that scalloped nut, but it was enough to get it tight without scratching the anodizing. Hope that helps.

Ted

sdlehr

Quote from: Maxed Out on July 13, 2016, 02:31:35 AM
Quote from: sdlehr on July 12, 2016, 01:05:17 AM

Thanks.
Sid

Sid, I can't recall for sure, but I believe it was the smaller wrench that comes with a 109, #9 etc, and I was only able to get the wrench on the top half of that scalloped nut, but it was enough to get it tight without scratching the anodizing. Hope that helps.

Ted
Thanks, Ted. The way I read it it sounded like you had a wrench made just for the job. (Never mind) :)

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector