Anti reverse issue with stradic 4000fj

Started by newport, April 30, 2016, 03:48:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

newport

I did a little fishing today. As I was winching up a fish from a bridge my anti reverse failed, and my handle spun backwards and the fish dropped straight down. I managed to get it up again just fine, but afterwards I would have the same issue, except it would happen even if I was just reeling with nothing on the other end. Most times my reel works fine and is nice and smooth with no problems with my anti reverse. I hope I don't have to replace my AR bearing. What do you guys think the dilemna is? Everything's fine right now  ???

RowdyW

It's the AR bearing. Take it out & clean it & add ONE drop of oil. If it has any spot of corrosion replace it.

Tightlines667

Not the first time this has come up.  Have a look here...

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=10848.0

This was my response to the question then...

As stated above you may have to attempt to rebuild the roller clutch assembly or replace it all together (shimano is listing this part as currently out of stock though) if this is the culprit.  You should be able to test the function of all three components involved in the Antireverse properties of the reel while it is disassembled to properly diagnose your problem.  If your not comfortable performing the rebuild, you may want to consider sending it to your nearest authorized shimano service center to be repaired.  Though make sure they work on spinners first.  If it's over 1 year old and/or you were not given the original receipt, it is likely no longer covered under warranty."

Hope that helps?

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

newport

I'll check it tomorrow. If it's dirty then hopefully a soak in simple green helps. I remember reading that tutorial for the sedona bearing a while back, and rather not go that far. Thanks. For the help. Hopefully it is a simple cleanup that does it.