Posting a rebuild

Started by SaltH2O, March 31, 2016, 01:46:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reel 224

Sid: I have a different perspective of that then you do. People have enough access to our life without giving them more as far as I'm concerned. Ive taken pictures in the past and in the background I have seen bills that wasn't aware of. Lets just say I don't want to use photo bucket.

Joe   
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

sdlehr

Yes, Joe, we do have a different perspective on this, and I still like you  :D

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

SaltH2O

Alan,
"Shimano TR-100GT" is the name of the post. I don't know all the terminology so I made up some part names. Let me know what you think. I can edit based on feedback.
Thanks,
Ed

Jerseymic

Quote from: Keta on April 01, 2016, 11:42:35 AM
Quote from: Jerseymic on April 01, 2016, 06:51:46 AMHi Alan,

Could you please add my account to the photo gallery access.

Thank you,

Mike.

I think I got it done, try it and let me know.

Thank you Lee.

Mike.

Reel 224

Quote from: sdlehr on April 02, 2016, 04:08:40 AM
Yes, Joe, we do have a different perspective on this, and I still like you  :D

Sid

I like you too Sid ;D ;)

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

alantani

ed, thank you.  i'll take a look!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dominick

Quote from: Reel 224 on April 01, 2016, 02:58:54 PM
Quote from: sdlehr on April 01, 2016, 02:17:19 PM
Joe, the other thing you can't do when posting pictures your way is make comments between photos. I started your way, then went to Photobucket so I could better document what I wanted to point out in each posted photo. I just keep both photobucket and AT open in two windows simultaneously, composing my post in one and selecting photos from photobucket in the other. It works for me.

Sid

Sid; I understand how photo bucket works, but believe it or not I'm am a very private person by nature. You wouldn't know that by my posts here on the Alan Tani site because Ive learned to open up and share my thoughts and some of my personal life. That being said. I don't like putting my pictures out there for everyone to see in cyber space and that is also why I do not go on Face Book,or any other social networks. That's just me being me.

Joe   
Joe I totally understand the priivacy issue.  I also believe you understand photobucket.  However I am not sure that you know you can protect your photos by setting the albums to a "private setting."  That way you can feel comfortable about using the site to capture the IMG code for posting and knowing that no one can view any of your albums even though you have posted a photo outside of photobucket.  For example if you use a photo on AT and someone clicks on the photo they will only be able to see the posted photo.  The other photos lodged in photobucket will be not for public view.  Therefore you should not be leery of using photobucket.  Check out photobucket again to see what I am talking about.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Marcq

Quote from: Dominick on April 08, 2016, 10:02:45 PM

However I am not sure that you know you can protect your photos by setting the albums to a "private setting."  That way you can feel comfortable about using the site to capture the IMG code for posting and knowing that no one can view any of your albums even though you have posted a photo outside of photobucket.  For example if you use a photo on AT and someone clicks on the photo they will only be able to see the posted photo.  The other photos lodged in photobucket will be not for public view.  Therefore you should not be leery of using photobucket.  Check out photobucket again to see what I am talking about.  Dominick

Didn't know this Dominick, thanks

Learn something everyday  8)

Marc..

Tightlines667

Quote from: Dominick on April 08, 2016, 10:02:45 PM
Quote from: Reel 224 on April 01, 2016, 02:58:54 PM
Quote from: sdlehr on April 01, 2016, 02:17:19 PM
Joe, the other thing you can't do when posting pictures your way is make comments between photos. I started your way, then went to Photobucket so I could better document what I wanted to point out in each posted photo. I just keep both photobucket and AT open in two windows simultaneously, composing my post in one and selecting photos from photobucket in the other. It works for me.

Sid

Sid; I understand how photo bucket works, but believe it or not I'm am a very private person by nature. You wouldn't know that by my posts here on the Alan Tani site because Ive learned to open up and share my thoughts and some of my personal life. That being said. I don't like putting my pictures out there for everyone to see in cyber space and that is also why I do not go on Face Book,or any other social networks. That's just me being me.

Joe   
Joe I totally understand the priivacy issue.  I also believe you understand photobucket.  However I am not sure that you know you can protect your photos by setting the albums to a "private setting."  That way you can feel comfortable about using the site to capture the IMG code for posting and knowing that no one can view any of your albums even though you have posted a photo outside of photobucket.  For example if you use a photo on AT and someone clicks on the photo they will only be able to see the posted photo.  The other photos lodged in photobucket will be not for public view.  Therefore you should not be leery of using photobucket.  Check out photobucket again to see what I am talking about.  Dominick

Privacy and plagiarism is a serious issue when it comes to Internet posts.  Some members have valid concerns about the use of theit hard work when shared in an online format.  As far as photos, and images or pdf files go...  it is possible to edit them in advance to include the owners information, and to protect it, so tat it is much more difficult for someone else to take undue credit for one'side published work (s).  Worthy of consideration.  Unfortunately, this type of abuse has caused some members to be wary of posting up valuable information.  Old reel and trade catalogs, reel schematics, and proprietary (sometimes unpatiented) designs often fall under this umbrella.

Just a few thoughts on the matter.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.