26, 26M Monofil

Started by sdlehr, April 07, 2016, 02:16:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiala

This is a fun thread about the various (Sal-inspired) ways these colored Monofils can be tweaked:  http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=13268.0   :)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Maxed Out

A monofil 26 and a 160M are the exact same reels. A mint 160M can be had for less than $30, then just swap the good parts over to the green 26.

-Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

jskinne1

That's a great suggestion Ted. I'll look for a good 160. Someone suggested contacting "Randy."  I don't know how to contact him. I'd love to get a green 26 spool.  I have a grey monofil 25 spool I could use in trade.

Joe

coastal_dan

Randy is @ Vintage Offshore Tackle, he has a for sale section on this board.  I would try sending him a private message he is usually very quick to respond.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

mo65

I can't believe how colored Monofil prices have skyrocketed. And how do they keep showing up for sale? Just how many of these guys did Penn produce? Considering they were only produced in colors a few years they seem to be plentiful. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Thanks for the referral Dan.  I really appreciate it. 

Maxed Out

Quote from: jskinne1 on March 30, 2017, 05:31:32 PM
That's a great suggestion Ted. I'll look for a good 160. Someone suggested contacting "Randy."  I don't know how to contact him. I'd love to get a green 26 spool.  I have a grey monofil 25 spool I could use in trade.

Joe

Randy Pauly has his own section here on the forum....AKA..."Vintage Offshore Tackle".

Scroll down to selling section and you'll find Randy's section there. Send him a pm, or post it on a thread in his section.

-Ted

Maxed Out

Wow Randy, I am green with envy (pun intended).... any chance you could show a close up of that blue swirl knob ??

....and how much $$$ you need for that blue knob reel ??

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Ted, that knob does look blue in the photo but it is actually the standard green swirl color.  Sorry about that!

Randy