Coronado 96 400yd

Started by 1badf350, February 18, 2023, 04:28:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1badf350

I had never heard of this reel before today. I found it at a flea market this morning. The side plates are 3" diameter and it is 2-3/8" between the plates
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Swami805

Nice reel, love That tail plate
I'm going to the wrong flea markets!
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Gfish

Very interesting. Mystic Penn Parts has almost no data on the 95. What's a Penn history book say, I wonder...?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

foakes

Really good find —-

Now I am wondering if the fact that the 96 has the Quick-Take-Apart feature —- is this a precursor to the "99" —- and then the 500 JM?

Time to pull out one of Mike's Bibles.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

foakes

A rare find —-

Only manufactured for (1) year —- introduced in '41, discontinued in '42.  According to Michael, likely due to the War.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Shellbelly

Quote from: Swami805 on February 18, 2023, 05:16:47 PMI'm going to the wrong flea markets!
Me too!  All crusty junk down here.  I believe we can use the word "Rare" with that reel.
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

Donnyboat

NChris, thanks for posting it, cheers Don.ice find
Don, or donnyboat