What's an old Penn 85 with mottled sideplates worth?

Started by pjstevko, December 11, 2016, 03:57:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjstevko

I saw an old Penn 85 with mottled sideplates and mottled plastic spool at an antique store for $45 and was wondering what it might be worth?

If anyone wants it I can go get it and mail it to you....

Pj

Bill B

I do not have Mike's "Bluebook of Penn Values" but I just picked up a 209 and 85 like yours on a charity auction site for $29 delivered....The 85 Seaboy was a budget reel to begin with, and possibly they kept the prices so low by recycling all plastic....but they do look really cool.....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Maxed Out

Quote from: pjstevko on December 11, 2016, 03:57:06 AM
I saw an old Penn 85 with mottled sideplates and mottled plastic spool at an antique store for $45 and was wondering what it might be worth?

Pj

I can buy 3 of the same on eBay for the "antique store" price. Mottled 85's are very common.
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

pjstevko

Quote from: Maxed Out on December 11, 2016, 07:08:06 PM
Quote from: pjstevko on December 11, 2016, 03:57:06 AM

Pj

I can buy 3 of the same on eBay for the "antique store" price. Mottled 85's are very common.

I was just curious because I haven't seen too many of them.....

Gfish

What's it worth to you. To me beauty and non-dollar worth's "in the eye of the beholder".
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Alto Mare

Quote from: Gfish on December 11, 2016, 11:25:41 PM
What's it worth to you. To me beauty and non-dollar worth's "in the eye of the beholder".
Gfish
Good answer Gfish!
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

pjstevko

It's not worth much to me..... I saw just curious.....