60 Long Beach

Started by Reel 224, August 24, 2016, 12:32:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reel 224

Just acquired this 60 Long Beach and decided to take pictures of it before I restore it. I know it's no big deal but it will add to the topic.

Joe

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

thorhammer

Naw.....ALWAYS get a before shot. I'm bad about doing this, always to my regret, especially on rod resto's. That 60 looks like it will spitshine pretty well after you do your thing on it, Joe!

John

foakes

Well done, Joe --

Long Beach's are solid reels that can catch some good fish.

Spool ot up with 30 -- and you are ready to go.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Penn Chronology

Great reels with enough torque to pull a Rambler out of a ditch!

Penn Chronology

QuoteRambler? Mike your dating yourself  Wink Cheesy 

Did I say Rambler? What I really meant was Mazda...................... ;) Must have had a senior moment! <:O)

Penn Chronology

QuoteMy mom once had a Rambler, my Dad used to call the "Scrambling Rambler

I actually still drive a Rambler. It is called a 1984 CJ 7.

Love it, my wife says riding in it is like being percolated..............<:O)

Penn Chronology

QuoteNow that is a good all around vehicle! But I did not know the Nash Rambler and Jeep CJ-5 were related.

Ramblers and Jeeps were both made by American Motors. I believe the Jeep went over to Chrysler in the late 1980's. Mine is still an American Motors jeep.

D1FISHR

Quote from: foakes on August 25, 2016, 12:50:23 AM
Well done, Joe --

Long Beach's are solid reels that can catch some good fish.

Spool ot up with 30 -- and you are ready to go.

Best,

Fred

I concur. A simple but solid reel that doesn't get the respect it deserves.

mizmo67

I wish they'd bring these back. Just a nice, solid reel.
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

mizmo67

~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

ReelFishingProblems

here's another one to bring back. There's a picture of my late grandfather and my uncle holding this reel and a large sturgeon taken out of the Columbia River. My uncle is 71 and in The picture he was around 15-16.

I need to get that old photo to add to this. I'm still trying to decide if this reel should be more of a display, or if it should go catch a few more fish.

Nick

foakes

That is a great reel, and an even better history --

However, that reel will not land too many more Sturgeon on your porch -- sitting in a rocking chair.

That reel was built to work for a living.

Thanks for sharing the story, history, and pics.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

swill88

I have fond memories of getting my license in '68 and driving a white '58 Rambler American with red vinyl interior, tail fins, and a push button automatic transmission.

steve