Penn Chronology

Started by sdlehr, April 07, 2016, 05:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sturat

Hello this is my first day on the site and i have figure out how to to use it , but anyway I have The Chronological History book and i love it . I have a model Penn K and am looking for a handle or a person that  could repin the wood knob back onto the handle that's on the reel. The hole looks a little too big for the pin , Have  a great day !

Gfish

Welcome sturat. Very interested in what you've got there. Can you post pictures?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Penn Chronology

QuoteHello this is my first day on the site and i have figure out how to to use it , but anyway I have The Chronological History book and i love it . I have a model Penn K and am looking for a handle or a person that  could repin the wood knob back onto the handle that's on the reel. The hole looks a little too big for the pin , Have  a great day !

Hello Sturat,

I am wondering which Model K you have, the star drag version or the non-star model?

I think you would be better off using a handle from another reel. I have had no luck with squeezing the rivet for the wood knob onto an old handle blade. I believe Penn had a special tool for that. The Model K handle was used on all the 1933 Penn reels and probably later than that on some models.

Wellcome to the website. You have joined the most dedicated and caring Think Tank for Penn products in the world.

And thank you for buying my book............... ;D

1badf350

Mike he has the star drag from Rays estate. I think maybe John Elder or Sal can help him. I sent him a PM yesterday with Johns contact info
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Penn Chronology

QuoteMike he has the star drag from Rays estate. I think maybe John Elder or Sal can help him. I sent him a PM yesterday with Johns contact info

OK, sounds reasonable. John can do most anything.

Crow

I finally wised up, and re read this whole thread....and noted the "publishing house" website. I'd been hunting for the Chronology book (and asking a lot of questions, here, on dating older reels!)on Amazon....and couldn't quite believe, no matter HOW good the book was, that it would bring this amount of $$: :o

https://www.amazon.com/Chronological-History-Penn-Reels-1932-1957/dp/1936702797

:o $869.56 is just a bit steep, for me ! But I was happy to get one ordered from the printer, at a "slightly" better price  ;)  I'm hoping to get it, soon....so I don't have to keep asking questions :P!
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

1badf350

Crow I ordered one from Whitefish Press about a month ago as a gift for my dad. It just shipped last week.
They are slow as molasses but you will get it eventually LOL ;D
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Penn

Quote from: Crow on July 22, 2019, 04:19:52 PM
  I finally wised up, and re read this whole thread....and noted the "publishing house" website. I'd been hunting for the Chronology book (and asking a lot of questions, here, on dating older reels!)on Amazon....and couldn't quite believe, no matter HOW good the book was, that it would bring this amount of $$: :o

https://www.amazon.com/Chronological-History-Penn-Reels-1932-1957/dp/1936702797

:o $869.56 is just a bit steep, for me ! But I was happy to get one ordered from the printer, at a "slightly" better price  ;)  I'm hoping to get it, soon....so I don't have to keep asking questions :P!

http://whitefishpress.com/bookdetail.asp?book=190

tony

AC49

Quote from: Crow on July 22, 2019, 04:19:52 PM
  I'm hoping to get it, soon....so I don't have to keep asking questions :P!

Crow please continue to ask questions.
Some of us don't have the opportunity to purchase those books as we live in South Africa and the charges are too extreme ... I know of 1 guy in SA that has the books and have been on his case for 7 months ... still waiting patiently for the deal  ::) ::)

Regards
AC49

happyhooker

Welcome, sturat, from Minnesota.  If your issue can be resolved, there will be a person or people on this site who can steer you in the right direction.

A lot of us on this site are just homie fishing nuts, with bits of knowledge gathered in from here and there that we're willing to share.  Then, there are a handful of truly expert folks that can match up with most anyone anywhere with answers that are spot on.

Frank