61-62-63 Long Beach

Started by sdlehr, April 07, 2016, 09:40:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mo65

Something else just entered my mind as a few clouds parted. It would probably be more correct to say the LB 62 inspired the Senator 1/0...and then the 1/0 inspired the Jiggy 501. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Penn Chronology

Massive amount of speculation here. I do not believe the early Models 61, 62 and 63 were the inspiration of future models. I have always felt they stand alone. The Model 259 Live Bait Caster is the parent of the Jigmaster 500. Relating one model to another is a fun thig to do; but, it is speculating mostly. There is no one left to ask about these opinions, so they fall into the zone of "hearsay".

milne

Question,
           This was identified as a longbeach reel made for Duvall sporting goods....
  So did Duvall's have there own boxes ?.
Or would this have been packaged with a Penn box of the era ?????

Col

Penn Chronology

QuoteThis was identified as a longbeach reel made for Duvall sporting goods....
   So did Duvall's have there own boxes ?.
Or would this have been packaged with a Penn box of the era ??

Ones that I have seen were packaged in a Penn box. The thing that most identified them a s a Duvall was the Red Handle knob. All Penn Duvall's had red knobs.

milne

Thank you Mike,  I wasn't sure about the Duvall reels, I know, although different, a kingfisher trade reel came in there own box,
But I just wasn't 100% on the Duvall reels, not being a trade reel, as you explained to me a while back.

Thanks again...

Col

Penn Chronology

QuoteThank you Mike,  I wasn't sure about the Duvall reels, I know, although different, a kingfisher trade reel came in there own box,
But I just wasn't 100% on the Duvall reels, not being a trade reel, as you explained to me a while back.

Glad to help.