What's the rarest Penn model ever made?

Started by pjstevko, April 08, 2016, 11:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penn Chronology

Well, if we are going into the most rare of all Penn models I have to Show off a bit. I own the first Penn reel. It is an unmarked Model F that is chrome plated rather than nickel plated. As far as I know, it is the only one that exists.

Dominick

Michael, that is a beauty.  Let me know if you want to sell it.  I can go as high as $25.00, shipped.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

thorhammer

That's a peach, Mike! I will go $26 plus shipping. But I will gift to my buddy Dominick for Christmas.

Dom's Big Red is certainly rare- maybe one of a kind.

I have a 5000 in box, have only heard of one other one- there is no mention of them anywhere, in parts or elsewhere.

There is also the elusive, possibly unicorn, 440SS.

Benni3

That's a diamond,,,,,,,,, ;D but if you ever wanted to sell it,,,,, :D let me know I want catch a fish on it first,,,,,,,, ;D

oc1

You have shown us some incredible stuff in the past Mike.  But, the first Penn reel!  Over the top.
-steve

Sharkb8

Beautiful looking reel Mike thanks for showing

Kim

Benni3

That's the beginning,,,,, ;) and the only one,,,,,,, ;D

Penn Chronology

Cuttyhunker

Okay Mike........So What's the story on this one?
Martha's?
Doomed from childhood

Gfish

Yeah. How'd you get it? A '32 or '33? Never had line on it, right? What do you use to preserve it? I would not be able to resist opening it up, have you?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Benni3

I have heard about this reel,,,,, ;) I think he built it when he was working for old salt in his spare time,,,,,,,, ;D

Cuttyhunker

Gfish....Probably a 31, since it is "Old #1" if Otto would have serialized.
Doomed from childhood

Dominick

Quote from: Penn Chronology on September 06, 2020, 06:30:00 AM
Reel is not for sale.

Thanks for the Kudos

Mike we know that.  Just kidding.  I am going to order the Ocean City book.  How do I get it signed?  I haven't ordered it yet.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Penn Chronology

QuoteMike we know that.  Just kidding.  I am going to order the Ocean City book.  How do I get it signed?  I haven't ordered it yet.  Dominick

I still have some copies. Order it directly from me. Pay me through PayPal at my email    < mcass1@optonline.net >. Please pay as a friend and included your mailing address. I will sign the book before I pack it.

Thanks,

Mike C.

broadway

A special reel, indeed Mike.  Sure wish it could talk. I also like your 60 yd.'er... now that's a neat little guy. 
Thanks John, Big Red is a rare bird for sure as is his new friend the blue 77.  ;)
John, I have never seen a Penn 5000. Is that a spinning reel? Do tell please.
Thanks
Dom