Trigger fish in shrimp sauce over pasta

Started by Long Enuff, April 11, 2016, 04:38:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChileRelleno

Nice recipe and money shot.

Looks delicious, I'll have to try it with different fish.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Steve-O

NICE! that is one big pile of triggers to clean.  Is the one a Queen Trigger?

Being from NC, I can relate to the long haul to deep water there. We'd head out of Oak Island or Southport to the Frying Pan Shoals and it took a while to get to 110' of water. But what a bite when we got there. The triggers would come up in the water column for easy hauling. The AJ's would wear us out to the point where whoever wasn't reeling would get handed the rod - " your turn!"

I still have a short brush chopper made from a cross cut saw with trigger fish skin covered handle I made in '98. good times

thanks for the recipe and pics.

thorhammer

Quote from: Steve-O on April 20, 2016, 01:26:59 PM
NICE! that is one big pile of triggers to clean.  Is the one a Queen Trigger?

Being from NC, I can relate to the long haul to deep water there. We'd head out of Oak Island or Southport to the Frying Pan Shoals and it took a while to get to 110' of water. But what a bite when we got there. The triggers would come up in the water column for easy hauling. The AJ's would wear us out to the point where whoever wasn't reeling would get handed the rod - " your turn!"

I still have a short brush chopper made from a cross cut saw with trigger fish skin covered handle I made in '98. good times

thanks for the recipe and pics.

word!

Long Enuff

Yes Steve, the one with color is a Queen trigger.