Lucas Marine grease

Started by steelfish, July 18, 2016, 05:43:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

any experience with this grease?

I've been using Yamaha marine grease lately, but the place I bought it before ran out of it, I can order online but shipping make that thing bit expensive.

I found the Lucas marine grease which is also blue, it says that is Lithium complex, I really dont know if that makes it better than many of other marine greases or not, but as long as its not pure petroleum its nice, right?
http://lucasoil.com/products/grease/marine-grease

I didnt bought it yet cuz I still have 2-3oz of Yamaha, that gives me enough time to learn a bit on the Lucas marine grease, BTW I really thrust on lucas products for my car so this might be good for the reel gears also, but you guys are the Reel Geeks Im just a grasshopper

The Baja Guy

MarkT

I'm going to pick up some of that at the Home Depot on my way home to use on my trailer.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

RowdyW

Stick with what you know is the right grease. If shipping is a little high pass the cost on to the customer. 50 cents per person should cover it. At least you will know that what you are using is not inferior. A 16 oz. tube will service a lot of reels.             Rudy

sdlehr

Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

alantani

Took one look at it and threw it away.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

foakes

Lithium is no Bueno for fishing reels, IMO --

Hardens, is a mess to remove, too stiff, ruins your cleaning tools, takes way too much time to clean out.

If I get a reel with Lithium in it -- it is a $10 extra charge -- and that is probably not enough.

I just use Yamaha Marine, Penn Blue is just as good.

Buy a case, and either have someone run it down to you while on a fishing trip -- or just find someone who will ship reasonably.

Just my opinion...

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

steelfish

Quote from: RowdyW on July 18, 2016, 06:42:02 PM
Stick with what you know is the right grease. If shipping is a little high pass the cost on to the customer. 50 cents per person should cover it. At least you will know that what you are using is not inferior. A 16 oz. tube will service a lot of reels.             Rudy

hmm thats a nice thinking, I will have it on mind if necessary

Quote from: sdlehr on July 18, 2016, 06:59:01 PM
Here Steelfish. $11.48 including shipping
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004K9FT8K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sid

nice find Sid, thanks, if in my next visit to USA (3 weeks) my regular yamaha vendor dont have the marine grease I will order this one for sure

Quote from: alantani on July 18, 2016, 07:35:45 PM

Loud and clear Boss..  ;D

well, I was bit exited to get it cuz it comes with 3 small full cartridges for the mini grease gun I just got this weekend which is Lucas brand also, I didnt got the extra grease package cuz the homedepot vendor told me the grease gun came with a small cartriges inside and grease included, which it wasnt true (not surprise, right?)
I now own a mini grease gun with no options to use it until 3 more weeks at least.
I searched already on ebay but couldnt found empty small cartridges for the mini gun, what would be my best bet to get me at least 2 mini cartridges for the grease gun?

buy some no-name 3oz cartridges and trow the grease away and then fill them with yamaha?
The Baja Guy

foakes

buy some no-name 3oz cartridges and throw the grease away and then fill them with yamaha?

I think that might be one of your best options.

That is what I might do.

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

spc7669

I use Lucas Marine Grease for my boat trailer. So far, it has been excellent for that. I don't use it in my reels. Since I don't do a ton of reels, I use Cal's on everything.

Alto Mare

Quote from: alantani on July 18, 2016, 07:35:45 PM
Well, that didn't sound too bad, when I first joined this great site and mentioned W-40, you told me to use it in a salad for dressing, or was it Rob?  :-\  ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

steelfish

Quote from: foakes on July 18, 2016, 08:03:18 PM
Lithium is no Bueno for fishing reels, IMO --

Hardens, is a mess to remove, too stiff, ruins your cleaning tools, takes way too much time to clean out.

nice, now I know lithium is no bueno for reel and why.

The Baja Guy

MarkT

I did get a tube of the Lucas Marine Grease. I'll use it on my trailer, not the reels!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!