Western Australian Salmon fishing

Started by Antho, April 24, 2016, 04:27:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antho

Took my boys 6 and 8 Salmon fishing  yesterday morning if Secret Harbour beach. Western Australian Salmon are not like Atlantic Salmon with its lovely pink meat, they are a bit average to eat but a fantastic sport fish especially for kids and when a school swims up the beach you can watch it's progress as one after another rod tips bend over up the beach however yesterday we were the only ones on the beach fishing!  I didn't catch a  thing😏 Had one take and run but no hookup! Mr 8 caught one Herring and one small Silver Bream undersized so he went back😊 He makes that 12ft rod look massive😝
Born to fish, forced to work😏

ChileRelleno

Looks like a nice day, I love fishing with my kids.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Alto Mare

Very nice Antho. Looks like your young man did that before, he's handling that 12 footer like a pro.

Turned him upright:

Thanks for sharing.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

exp2000

DaBigOno

Two thumbs up for taking the kids out fishing... That salmon fishing looks amazing!

Boils right off the beach!
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Antho

Thanks guys😊Don't get as much time out with them as I'd like, gotta pay the bills😏 Yeah he's getting good, sets the drag for hook up and tightens it just right for the fight😁Still s bit small to cast a heavy weight but even that won't be long in coming, he's a big strong boy for his age😊
Born to fish, forced to work😏