need help to fix a broken running guide on a trevala rod

Started by steelfish, May 04, 2016, 01:50:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

Quote from: Gfish on June 08, 2022, 07:41:42 PMI have 2- Trevala rods that I really like. However I noticed that the guides tended to rust pretty quickly for such an expensive(to me anyway) model.

I think thats something on the Shimano factory, almost all Trevalas and Terez rods which are some of the high end fishing rods from SHimano have problems with corrosion on the foot of the guides, maybe the epoxy job is too thin that lets the water to get in the foot of the guides causing corrosion.

The Baja Guy

oldmanjoe

Quote from: steelfish on June 08, 2022, 07:07:30 PM
Quote from: Cor on June 08, 2022, 06:53:36 PMNice to have a daughter who has an interest in Dads hobby. :D

oh yes, maybe she will build his own rod some day, for now she wants to help on any given rod I building.

Now it all makes sense , Your daughter is the quality control inspector .  Looks like she is packing the threads   

Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare