Picked up a 113MTL

Started by Sharkin904, February 12, 2016, 11:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharkin904

Stopped in my local bait shop to grab some shrimp for bait and saw it. I don't have the tools at home to crack it open, but the screws to take it off the rod had blue grease, so that's a good sign.  ;D

handi2

Great find. You won't have any problems with that reel. I have 2 NIB ones. Size 15 torque
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Sharkin904

Sadly my tools are at work..tempted to go get them lol

BMITCH

Clearly you need a second set of tools... ::) ;D
luck is the residue of design.

David Hall

Sharkin904

Other than the fact that I knew it was a good deal...I know almost nothing about this thing. Can I use one of Alan's SS gear sleeves on it?

RowdyW

Quote from: Sharkin904 on February 13, 2016, 12:43:26 AM
Other than the fact that I knew it was a good deal...I know almost nothing about this thing. Can I use one of Alan's SS gear sleeves on it?
No, it's different than the Senators & Special Senators. It is more like the Baja. It looks like it has an AT handle & knob also. The original handle arm has an inward offset.     Rudy

Sharkin904

Dang lol...does anyone make a SS gear sleeve for it? and yes..it has a penn part #24-349h, and I don't like it. When tightened, it leaves wiggle room and feels loose. Thinking I'll order a stock handle.

RowdyW

For some reason it looks like it needs a washer between the handle arm & screw. It doesn't show one in the parts schematic though. Maybe the original arm is thicker or there is something wrong with the sleeve end.

steelfish

yay !!  congrats, those are hard to find

The Baja Guy

handi2

Yes the original handle is thicker like the Baja handles.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL