Saltiga expedition

Started by marc, May 01, 2016, 01:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc

Hi,
I was searching for this daiwa spinner and after the review from Alan i was confinced about the quality
But then i see some negatif comment somewhere on a forum about rusted magseal bearings and not greased inside,but i dont find it back,is this true or just a bad example
I will fit this with a tuna rod from +8 ft to 8.5ft for lures from 40 to 100 grams,with a max.weight from tuna about 75 kgs.,could this handle the 5500 or do i need the 8000?
Thanks for advice to help me out with this
Marc

philaroman

marc

This's a great review that convinced me about quality,but it was after this that i see the bad comments about a saltiga but do not know anymore when or wich model
So it should be ok now...

johndtuttle

Talk to handi2 on this site and others that work on Daiwas. Not good reviews of the mag seals by any one of the reel techs that I know.

tacklerat

I love my daiwa gear and have owned both the newer saltiga magnetic oil versions and the older versions . Personally think the old model expedition and z models were the ones to keep. The extreme model with the standard carbontex drag they bought out in Australia were particularly good. Not saying the new models aren't any good but it seemed they didn't design the new ones to repair ourselves. The review on the new expedition sounds awesome but not repair friendly. Goodluck and cheers.