sealine 50h

Started by alantani, December 07, 2008, 04:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

I have the metal washers for the 50h. I need to check them and order CF washers. Ill get to them shortly. Too many projects and not enough time or money to do everything I want to do. 
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

RowdyW

I still need a Jack Handle or Daiwa Phone #

Mike
Mike, call Daiwa at 800 736-4653     Rudy

bluefish69

I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Bryan Young

Sorry folks, no 50h washers yet.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

pcde123

just got my hands on a 50h, pretty excited to try to work on it, this is now gonna be my 4th reel to open up, im reall starting to enjoy doing this, bryan have you finished up on the drag testings???? if not im probably gonna just stick with the ht-100, should i buy new metal washers as well?, im planning to combo it with a 12ft ugly stick,

bluefish69

Quote from: pcde123 on September 15, 2013, 01:16:51 AM
just got my hands on a 50h, pretty excited to try to work on it, this is now gonna be my 4th reel to open up, im reall starting to enjoy doing this, bryan have you finished up on the drag testings???? if not im probably gonna just stick with the ht-100, should i buy new metal washers as well?, im planning to combo it with a 12ft ugly stick,

I just finished a 50H today. I used Carbonex Drag Washers 3+1 from Dawn. I also cleaned out the Bearing & greased them with Penn grease.

Mike

pcde123

wait wasnt there an issue with the thickness?? the carbontex are too thin and this created problems,did u use the regular metal washers along with the carbontex? is it better to use carbontex or ht-100? i went ahead and pm'd dawn

bluefish69

There was no issue with the Reg. Carbonex that I know of. I just finished 3 50H reel one after the other. There could have been a problem with the 5 stack system that was being designed & built.

Mike

Keta

I put together 2 5+1 50T reels for a person that fishes hard 8-12 days a month and so far there have been no problems with them.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

pcde123

did u use carbontex? and the stock metal washers

bluefish69

If you are talking to me then. Yes I used stock everything except the washer under the Main Gear. For that I used what Dawn sent me a different size Carbonex Washer

Mike

Fishermanny

I have a couple of questions on this reel. First, do you know what the gear ratio is? The inches of line per crank? Also, are the gears bronze, or stainless steel? I'm just wondering how strong this reel is. I have an older Penn which the bronze gear is starting to shear off. (It was my uncle's reel, and he used it for 30+ years). If it's not too different from my reel, then I won't bother buying one. (A local tackle store has a used one for sale for $40.)

floating doc

Partial answer: bronze gears, but still a very tough reel, just like all of the Sealine series.

4.2:1 ratio. A drag upgrade is really all these need. I've got the old smoothies in mine.
Central Florida

kmstorm64

How did the 5+1 come out.  I am interested, as I just found one and am looking to upgrade.
Bad day of fishing still beats a good day at work!

Bryan Young

I just got in the raw materials, and lost the Daiwa 50H metal washers...so nothing yet....where did those washers and gear go?