LH 10-505

Started by Keta, January 20, 2017, 05:11:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

I have a left hand 98-505AT gear sleeve and need a left hand 10-505 Star Drag Wheel, did Penn make a LH 505?  If not where can I get one?

Will a 10-49LH work?
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

PacRat

Lee,
I believe a left hand gear sleeve has left hand AR cogs but right hand threads...so tightening the drag is done by turning the drag back towards you....which is counter intuitive. Give me a little time and I'll go out to the garage and check my lefty Pro Gears.
Mike

mizmo67

As far as I know, Penn only made the 505 sleeves/stars in standard threading.

The 60 coarse threaded has standard and left hand sleeves/stars, so that's how a 505 would go lefty, loosing the fine threading.
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

Keta

Thanks Mo, I will be making an order soon. 

Quote from: PacRat on January 20, 2017, 05:36:05 PM
Lee,
I believe a left hand gear sleeve has left hand AR cogs but right hand threads...so tightening the drag is done by turning the drag back towards you....which is counter intuitive. Give me a little time and I'll go out to the garage and check my lefty Pro Gears.
Mike

I'll look at it with magnifying glass.  The corse thread LH gearsleve is LH thread.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

PacRat

Lee,
I think Mo answered your question but this is what I learned from looking at a couple of Pro Gear lefties. The 545 is a right-hand thread and the 255 is a left-hand thread. I know these each use different gear sleeves. The 255 lefty has a modified 3-500s bridge with a left hand thread on the sleeve. The threads are coarse.
Mike

Keta

I ordered 3 different stars from MysticParts  I have places for all of them.

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"

Mark Twain

mizmo67

Quote from: PacRat on January 20, 2017, 09:42:40 PM
The 255 lefty has a modified 3-500s bridge with a left hand thread on the sleeve. The threads are coarse.
Mike

Yes, coarse thread is the 98-60LH sleeve. :)
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com