Game Reel called DUEL 50 Light

Started by Rodman, April 26, 2011, 03:37:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rodman

Hi Guys
Has anyone ever come across this make of reel as I am having trouble on figuring out how to remove a collar that appears to have a pin but you cannot push the pin right through and it does not respond to being pushed in. Any help would be appreciated especially a schematic

Ken
Frazorodz
Rod & Reel repairs

email:  kjburgess02@gmail.com

alantani

sorry, this was all i found, and my computer would not open up the site for some reason.

http://www.duelreel.com/
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Alan where you able to ceck it out? Wow! Nice reel and I'm not saying it just becouse I'm also made in Italy ;D ;D ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Another Italiano weighing in.  Beautiful looking.  I'd hate to see the price.  So I am not going to do any further research.  Italian engineering is either superb or junk there is nothing in between.  You should see my espresso machine superb engineering ;D.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

codhead

pdf of the schematic for the 50L HERE

Duel, Alutecnos and (my personal favourite) Everol, transcend mere fishing reels and take them to another level. The £350 GBP I paid for my VJ12 will be money well spent, when my grandkids are fishing with it in 40 years time
The older I get, the better I was

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Quote from: Pescachaser on April 27, 2011, 05:42:24 PM
Another Italiano weighing in.  Beautiful looking.  I'd hate to see the price.  So I am not going to do any further research.  Italian engineering is either superb or junk there is nothing in between.  You should see my espresso machine superb engineering ;D.  Dominick

Dominicuccio, they're not that bad, $1000 for the 4/0, $1200 for the 6/0 and 1500 for the 9/0, I don't want to know what bigger models go for. I'm sure that's just a fraction of what you most have payed for that espresso machine ;D I take mine corretto please ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

broadway

Never seen the Duel 50light, but I fish with a Duel Speedy 12 and 20 for grouper in Florida when I visit mom.  The have a really smooth drag system, helical gears, and feel like a tank...they are as solid of a reel as one could get for it's size.  I have used them over the past 6 years, and sent them out for service 2 years ago... they came back buttery :P  As far as lever drags go I love it, however I'm a star drag fan, thus it's location now (Florida) only to be used 3-4 trips a year.  I got them on sale for $220 each a while back online right before they did some minor changes (handle style,etc) for an updated version.  I bet the 50L is a quality reel much like my speedy's... We Italians don't cut (too) many corners ;D  Let us know what ya think if ya get one.
Thanks
Dom (Macchiato for me, please;)