Navarre 2016

Started by Shark Hunter, May 11, 2016, 04:00:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

Guys,
I haven't posted any pics yet. There is a lot going on here.
Three days before my arrival, The beach looked like a lake from a north wind.
Sure enough, When I get here, it all changed.
There were four foot waves breaking 100 yards off the beach today. It is so rough, I haven't even been able to catch any fresh bait.
I paid a visit to my man Keith today and he provided me a 20 lb rainbow runner and a ray of the same size.
I just finished chunking them up and have 8 nice sized baits in the freezer.
To top it off, there is a beach renourishing project going on here. There are dredges about 300 yards off the beach pumping sand through some giant pipes onto the beach with bulldozers moving it around. I am not discouraged. This might be a good thing.
I'm just waiting for my time. ;)
Life is Good!

David Hall

Sounds...., interesting?

otghoyt

Hey hunter....is the cat for sale?

BMITCH

Daron, I hope the weather turns in your favor. I also hope the shark gods smile on you. You put the time in and deserve it. Can't wait to hear about the trip!! Good luck
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

ChileRelleno

Daron, Nate and I will most likely be over to Navarre late Saturday afternoon. Just to the West of y'all is a public beach access, it is generally exceptional sharking. You should check it out, shouldn't be any beach renourishment going on.

In my experience here in AL, it is futile to shark or surf fish with all that going on.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

handi2

Quote from: ChileRelleno on May 11, 2016, 02:02:31 PM
Daron, Nate and I will most likely be over to Navarre late Saturday afternoon. Just to the West of y'all is a public beach access, it is generally exceptional sharking. You should check it out, shouldn't be any beach renourishment going on.

In my experience here in AL, it is futile to shark or surf fish with all that going on.

Was that area the "nude' beach?
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

ChileRelleno

Quote from: handi2 on May 11, 2016, 02:11:42 PM

Was that area the "nude' beach?
No, that is further West.
Ragnar Benson:
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Shark Hunter

Sounds good John. Red flags up again today.
This shot was from Monday before the winds and waves picked up. The dredge in the background. My boy doing a little shelling.
This is the beach today. Ugh! Not too bad, but I know how nice it can het here. The surf is supposed to be flat come the weekend.
I really like this condo. Nice and peaceful only a few steps from the water.

Life is Good!

anglingarchitect

Looks pretty nice now, those waves make for an exciting kayak bait deployment however.

ChileRelleno

Daron, PM me a contact # for Sat, please and thanks.
Ragnar Benson:

Shark Hunter

John,
We might want to consider way west. Like Pensacola. Its getting pretty chaotic here. The Bulldozers are getting close. Moving a ton of sand in a hurry.
The sediment is turning the water brown from the dredges. I know this is something that has too be done. They are closing the beach 100 yards at a time. I'm thinking by the weekend, they will be right in front of us.
I'll give you a call brother.
I think Pensacola will be our best bet. I hate to drive that, but I don't see any other option.
Life is Good!

ChileRelleno

No need to go to P'cola, there is a prime sharking spot just 4.25 miles West of you.
Drive West, you'll get past the last of the houses and it is the first public access on the left.
I've been here several times now, popular local sharking spot, even the Polk Bros shark here.

Ragnar Benson:

ChileRelleno

I think that the so-called Beach Renourishment is horrible, it may be great for those who believe a beach should never change, but Mother Nature has other ideas. One good storm or a few years of normal longshore flow and its just a huge waste of money and man power.
Plus all that new sand isn't that pure white that Florida's panhandle beaches are renowned for.

It kills all the sand fleas and ghost shrimp that the surf species love to feed on, greatly effects surf fishing for months.
Ragnar Benson:

handi2

They were just talking about the ill effects of dredging on the Pensacola Fishing Forum. It kills many little creatures that the surf fish love to eat.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Alto Mare

I agree! Going against Mother Nature, you will always lose.

Sorry to hear this Daron, you wait all year and then you have to deal with dozers.
Pack up,  move and go get that trophy! ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.