Penn spinfisher

Started by Mikeflorian, March 29, 2015, 07:35:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikeflorian

I bought a 700 3 weeks ago and took it apart and serviced it, noticed the shop had some more. Now I have an obsession with these old tanks. Got a 710 with some rash and a 712 that doesn't look like it was ever fished it will be soon.

Doug

These are great spinners, simple in design and built of quality materials. I recently picked up a 714z and 716z to use for fresh water /lake fishing. Same design just a lot smaller real little tanks a snap to maintain will long outlast me Doug

Decker

Hi, do you recognize this Penn Spinfisher 700?   The side plate says "700" but it does not have the usual silver rotor cup, and it does not have the early one-piece handle (maybe it was upgraded)?  Thanks very much for your help.

handi2

Before I sold everything in the 90's I had every Penn green reel made and most were new in the box. I even had an all black Penn 714 they made in between years.

The 716 sold for a bit over $180.00 back then. It was NIB too.

Now I wish I hadn't sold them.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

oc1

I bought a 700 new in 1969.  Didn't keep it long, but it did not have silver on the rotor and it had a folding handle.
-steve

Aiala

Quote from: Decker on June 02, 2016, 01:39:30 PM
Hi, do you recognize this Penn Spinfisher 700? The side plate says "700" but it does not have the usual silver rotor cup, and it does not have the early one-piece handle (maybe it was upgraded)?  Thanks very much for your help.

Bottom view makes me think it might be a 704 with a 700 side plate (Except for the plate badging, I believe they're identical.) I love 'em both, although I do somewhat prefer the 704's more snappy bail release. I'm taking mine tomorrow on an 8-day to throw poppers.  :D

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Alto Mare

The 700 cover plate is a little larger than the 704. I'm thinking a 700 reel with a 704 rotor, as Aiala mentioned.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.