A lil 4/0 goodness before we go to Penn Monday.....

Started by thorhammer, May 19, 2016, 01:41:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorhammer

Much more in the works but here are a few 4/0's; some pending a few bits from Mo expected Friday

J

Alto Mare

John, you need to control yourself ;D...those look sweet.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Tightlines667

I'm liking that ice blue color.  If it was me, I would consider an all Silver reel, and a christmas.. green and red model.  Lots of options.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

thorhammer

John, Trying to find two more sets of Ted's silver plates....

Sal, I guess that answers the control thing...that ship has sailed but the 400 passengers all got their own rods!!! :)

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

David Hall

A whole batch of reel beauties.
Keep up the good work.

coastal_dan

Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

sdlehr

See you guys Monday. Looking forward to a good time.

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Maxed Out

Very nice set of reels John. Love the variety in color and width.

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

thorhammer

Thanks folks! The full gold Accurate 113W in the centre was my first hotrod; I guess about fifteen years ago. I didn't know it was called that but I put every goody I knew about at the time in, including 4:1 Accurate SS gear set and recently carbontex. I suppose I'll get around to ordering a batch of SS sleeves one day to make these all they can be. Gotta get the handles right first though. The other two wides are Newell Framed and spooled with steel gears. Had them on stock plates since I bought them $50 each when fleabay first came on line. Accuplates courtesy of Mr. Pauly last year.

Rancanfish

Oooooo.  My favorites are the lower left silver /green and upper right all red.  Nice work!
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

thorhammer

those two are getting matching jiggys in the next couple of weeks...shhhhhhh :)