Anyone have a good technique for separating two piece rods?

Started by FatTuna, May 03, 2016, 11:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeysm

Kroll is by far the best to use. You have to let it sit to do the best good. Their should be a Oring there already unless someone took it off.

Mike

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Steve-O

Another proven technique that works well : takes two people.

Both persons grab both pieces with alternating hands facing each other and pull. no twist, just pull.

Works on regular rods not sure about bent butt rods.

Here's a 54 second demo.

Keta

That work well but it is a bent butt rod, not the same.  The ferel is jammed with salt and corrosion.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Steve-O

Quote from: Keta on May 04, 2016, 02:04:05 PM
That work well but it is a bent butt rod, not the same.  The ferel is jammed with salt and corrosion.

yea, I wasn't too sure how it would work on a bent butt rod but wanted to include it .....sounds to me like soaking ( in the best penetrant )  overnight is needed.

GClev

I've had good luck with Coca-Cola in a lot stuck weird situations on a variety of materials.  It's thin enough to get into tight places, the bubbles add to the fun, the carbonic acid helps loosen salty, rusty, crusty deposits.  Some times it takes a while.  Pepsi doesn't work near as well as Coca-Cola.  Now that's weird.

RiverAngler

Yep, coke works good. We used to use it in the garage to clean battery terminals back in the day. And it works great. After seeing what it did to batteries, I quit drinking it.
Parents don't frame pictures of their kids playing video games. Take them fishing!